Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM

297 posts, read 1,078,704 times

Advertisements

Do any of the radio stations in Nashville give traffic reports at specific times? It seems as though the reports are quite random for all the stations. I would like to be able to tune into a specific station at a specific time to get the traffic update. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 02:40 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
WSM 95.5 used to be one of the better ones; however, I've given up on all of them. I never found them to be very helpful in avoiding a situation. Plus I never knew when to trust them; sometimes their reports were outdated by the time they read them. If I'm really interested in hearing what's happening, I continuously change the stations in hopes of hearing something (although this generally doesn't help either).

Good luck. Let us know if you find one that helps.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:08 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
Save yourself some trouble and just keep a tape recording in your car of the following:

"They're clearing a wreck on I-24 Eastbound at Harding Place. Things are already moving slowly on the South loop heading out toward the 24/40 split. We're seeing typical volume delays on 440 Eastbound between 65 and 24 and heading up 65 North by Rosa L. Parks Boulevard. Watch your speed back toward Brentwood, the state troopers are out again by OHB...."

Old 12-12-2008, 07:55 AM

75 posts, read 236,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Save yourself some trouble and just keep a tape recording in your car of the following:

"They're clearing a wreck on I-24 Eastbound at Harding Place. Things are already moving slowly on the South loop heading out toward the 24/40 split. We're seeing typical volume delays on 440 Eastbound between 65 and 24 and heading up 65 North by Rosa L. Parks Boulevard. Watch your speed back toward Brentwood, the state troopers are out again by OHB...."
lol, so true. But don't forget about the fender bender on I-40 WB at Stewart's Ferry.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:02 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

I started to post something very similar. I've often joked that the radio stations could just rebroadcast the same traffic report every morning. Who would know the difference?

Old 12-12-2008, 08:20 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times
Yesterday, There was a major traffic wreck somewhere. I heard 5 different locations. I know that it took me an hour to get from Holt and Edmonson Pike to the Target on Old Hickory Blvd. I was actually going to Old Hickory and Hillsboro Road, I never made it.

Diane G

Old 12-12-2008, 09:50 AM

215 posts, read 712,781 times
90.3 has traffic updates during morning and evening rush hour at 8 after and 38 after the hour.

Traffic was really bad yesterday. First there was a major wreck in the morning that shut down I 65 South. Everyone had to get off at Concord Rd. Lucky for me that my co-worker called me in the morning while taking my son to school. I went down Nolensville to hwy 96 and then over to Franklin for work. My coworker left Nashville at 7am and didn't get to work till almost 11am!

Last night I left work at 5:00 and Concord Rd was backed up really really bad! I had to go to Nolensville to get my son first, and then head home to Lenox Village and we didn't get home till 15 till 8.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:10 PM

297 posts, read 1,078,704 times
We need a 1010 wins....those from NY will understand.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:10 PM

290 posts, read 1,053,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP300 View Post
We need a 1010 wins....those from NY will understand.
I am not from New York, but I am familiar with WINS 1010. I have listened to it here in Nashville at night. It is a 50,000 watt news/talk station in New York and it comes in pretty well here when the sun goes down.

I used to dial in "Richard Thomas Traffic Reports" on a portable police scanner several years ago during rush hour, and heard traffic reports every two or three minutes. He was relaying his reports to several stations and was very accurate. I don't know if he does that anymore, and have forgotten the frequency he relayed the information from his airplane on. I do remember the frequency was in the 450Mhz band, where most of the other broadcasters' (TV and Radio) two way radio systems are located.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville