Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:49 PM

75 posts, read 236,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
Hello all... Just wondering if I could get some opinions on which food store is the more expensive one, or are they pretty much the same? Any opinions on either one?? Thanks
We shop at both prett frequently. Publix, as everyone mentioned, has a better deli, etc. However, the Kroger in Providence is every bit as nice as the Hermitage Publix, plus, with every $100 you spend at Kroger you get $.10 off per gallon on a fill up at a Kroger gas station.

I went to Kroger on White Bridge Rd. across from McKay's yesterday and it was the worst Kroger I've ever been to. Terrible lay out and very poor selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 03:48 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,203,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Rick View Post
I went to Kroger on White Bridge Rd. across from McKay's yesterday and it was the worst Kroger I've ever been to. Terrible lay out and very poor selection.
That was Charlotte, rather than White Bridge. That part of Charlotte Pike isn't the nicest part of town. It doesn't surprise me that the Kroger wasn't very nice.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
That was Charlotte, rather than White Bridge. That part of Charlotte Pike isn't the nicest part of town. It doesn't surprise me that the Kroger wasn't very nice.
You're right. I took the White Bridge Rd. exit and turned on Charlotte. I don't spend much time in that part of town anymore.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,203,100 times
Quote:
You're right. I took the White Bridge Rd. exit and turned on Charlotte. I don't spend much time in that part of town anymore.
The part of Charlotte is just a really trashy area for the most part.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
The part of Charlotte is just a really trashy area for the most part.
It didn't seem that bad and the Kroger didn't look bad from the outside, but you're right.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,109 times
Quote:
We shop at both prett frequently. Publix, as everyone mentioned, has a better deli, etc. However, the Kroger in Providence is every bit as nice as the Hermitage Publix, plus, with every $100 you spend at Kroger you get $.10 off per gallon on a fill up at a Kroger gas station.
I used to live in Florida, so I was and am a Publix fan. But you're right, the Providence Kroger is very nice. I shop at both, but in practice, we hit Kroger more often for routine shopping. Having swallowed thy dignity and signed up for the shopper card, if we're flexible, we can usually save quite a bit that way.

When we're really in the mood to save, that one spot in Hermitage has the Kroger, Wal-Mart Supercenter, Publix, Aldi and Dollar General Market all within about a mile of each other. Check the ads, make up separate lists and go!

Old 01-19-2009, 06:09 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,732,469 times
I guess I really won't be stating anything new. I currently go to Kroger because it's closer, and it does seem slightly cheaper. But when I move I will be very close to a Publix and I will gladly shop there. It will be more convenient and, as others have said, their produce and deli are definitely a step up. I rarely find a decent head of lettuce at Kroger but the last time I was at Publix, I didn't even see a mediocre head of lettuce. They all looked fantastic.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 PM

35 posts, read 113,877 times
publix.

for the oatmeal alone..its different i swear to it.

wish we had one here. :[

Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2three View Post
Hello all... Just wondering if I could get some opinions on which food store is the more expensive one, or are they pretty much the same? Any opinions on either one?? Thanks
Trader Joes

Old 01-19-2009, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,695 times
Publix has great produce and deli - but when we did a price check ourselves - Kroger won hands down. And Kroger brands are better than the Publix brands. So we shop both but most things come from Kroger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville