Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 PM

16 posts, read 50,915 times

Advertisements

have you been to demos'? we like to take visitors there - i think the prices are family friendly, as is the restaurant in general but it's also a nice sit-down and talk place for adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 08:57 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad fiddler View Post
I find obnoxious adults -- talking too loud, explosively laughing, cussing -- to be far more annoying than a crying baby. Had to deal with a tableful next to us just the other night.

When my kids were little, I really tried to not go to restaurants during their fussy time. I'd feel so badly for disturbing other people. I didn't have a relaxing meal, my baby sure as heck didn't want to be there and my husband didn't enjoy it much either. We were better off at home with a grilled cheese sandwich! They grow out of that stage quickly though...just like all the other stages.

Obnoxious adults, however.....they NEVER grow out of it. Loud women drive me particulary crazy.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Obnoxious adults, however.....they NEVER grow out of it. Loud women drive me particulary crazy.
When did you meet my mother in law?!?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:43 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmill3 View Post
What I thought "disappointing" was how many people seemed to think a fussy baby is that disruptive to their meal. I mean, sure, if the parents just sit there and let it scream, then I agree. .
HINT HINT! That is what they do!

The other night. White tablecloth restaurant. Baby cries for 30 minutes. Parents are the ONLY people who do not realize that the baby is crying. The parents made no effort to calm the child or to take the child outside to settle down. Finally, the restaurant manager asked the couple to leave.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:07 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
HINT HINT! That is what they do!

The other night. White tablecloth restaurant. Baby cries for 30 minutes. Parents are the ONLY people who do not realize that the baby is crying. The parents made no effort to calm the child or to take the child outside to settle down. Finally, the restaurant manager asked the couple to leave.
That is AWESOME. Every time I've been in that situation, the restaurant staff hasn't had the c-o-jones to deal with the offending parties using a firm hand. Which restaurant was it? They'll be getting my business next time I have a hot date.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:16 PM

85 posts, read 285,051 times
Ceeveg any type of family restaurant such as Denny's (just an example) is a good place to take a baby. As a parent of grown children, I would suggest that you time your meal according to your baby's sleep schedule or try keeping your baby awake as long as possible prior to the drive to the restaurant and if you can transfer your baby from car to restaurant without changing seats then your baby should sleep right through the meal.

Recently I went to a restaurant which had two children under the age of one or so sitting at different tables. One child was screaming (isn't it great when they hit that high note that should shatter glass), fussing the whole time with the parents totally oblivious to the fact that the other patrons were glaring at them and doing nothing to calm their terror; while the other child was so quiet you didn't know she was there. I do agree that if the baby does gets fussy and can't be calmed in a minute or so then you should pick up baby and leave the room because that is courtesy. I can't how many meals I ate out of a to-go-box but as my children became older they were taught that fussiness gets them removed and they soon learned that it didn't pay.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:20 PM

957 posts, read 3,699,479 times
I had to say something to a parent at The Aquarium Restaurant the other day. Kids climbing all over the booth and banging on the aquarium glass and these idiot parents just sitting their watching, no doubt thinking how cute their little "angels" were. I asked the waiter to say something and he wouldn't.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,286,610 times
The used to be a place in Cool Springs called "Five and Dine". It was modeled after the 1950's soda shop. This was a family friendly place and entertaining. Also, the food was good. Of course, Cracker Barrel is good and family friendly also.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:26 PM

162 posts, read 550,694 times
Mary_Moon for mayor (grin).

Were we to look for specific recomendations? (in case) Just out of Nashville - Daily Dish in Franklin off Hillsboro? Way casual, some simple choices, and excellent fresh food choices... daily.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeveg View Post
What are the best family friendly restaurants around, not in, Nashville? I'm looking for a restaurant just outside of Nashville -- something that could accommodate a potentially fussy baby. Thanks!
I vote for your kitchen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville