Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:11 PM

30 posts, read 147,650 times

Advertisements

Would appreciate any comments on living in Hermitage near Percy Priest Lake. I was thinking of renting at The Cove or The Oakwell Farms? Would like to check out the area before buying any property. It appears to be nicely located to everything.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 08:23 PM

625 posts, read 4,570,464 times
Two of my friends (girls) live at the Cove...they like it and haven't had any trouble...commute will be a pain if you work on the South side of Nashville though (Brentwood/Franklin/Green Hills)

Old 06-30-2008, 06:45 AM

30 posts, read 147,650 times
Thanks, I am hoping to stay very local to work-- legal or medical field. What I am going to miss coming from the Boston area is a good transit system.

In general, is Hermitage a nice area to settle in? I liked the surrounding communities like Franklin and Brentwood and of course the closeness to Nashville. Look forward to exploring more of the area.

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,889,153 times
Hermitage is nowhere close to being as " nice " as Franklin or Brentwood. I haven't been over there in probably about a year but I've heard gangs and homeless are moving into the Hermitage/Donnelson area.

If You're deadset on that area I would suggest you live closer to the Wilson County line ( if not IN Wilson County ) I would suggest that you live somewhere around where Mt. Juliet and Hermitage meet. That area is relativley nice.

If you're not 100% set on a place, I would suggest Hendersonville/Gallatin.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 AM

593 posts, read 1,355,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTexan View Post
Hermitage is nowhere close to being as " nice " as Franklin or Brentwood. I haven't been over there in probably about a year but I've heard gangs and homeless are moving into the Hermitage/Donnelson area.
Parts of Donelson, maybe, but I haven't noticed any decline in Hermitage. I think Stones River is the dividing line... but yes, Franklin/Brentwood are definitely great areas and they charge accordingly! We moved sight-unseen from Florida to an apartment in Cool Springs, and figured out pretty quickly the house shopping was going to be in other areas.

Quote:
If You're deadset on that area I would suggest you live closer to the Wilson County line ( if not IN Wilson County ) I would suggest that you live somewhere around where Mt. Juliet and Hermitage meet. That area is relativley nice.
That's exactly where we are, in Mt. Juliet about a par-five from the county line. We like MJ, especially now that we don't have to go elsewhere to shop.

Quote:
If you're not 100% set on a place, I would suggest Hendersonville/Gallatin.
We like Hendersonville a lot too and would recommend it also.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM

162 posts, read 604,379 times
I live in Hermitage not too far from the lake and Cove at Priest Lake (Old Hickory area) and I love it a lot. I haven't seen any gangs or homeless since living here. Ideal choice.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
I live in Hermitage not too far from the lake and Cove at Priest Lake (Old Hickory area) and I love it a lot. I haven't seen any gangs or homeless since living here. Ideal choice.
I remember hearing about ALOT of grafiti that was appearing all over the apartments near Summit, have they cleaned it up ?

Old 07-01-2008, 04:55 PM

I've yet to see ANY of that graffiti that FutureTexan is referring to. I would recommend that you take a drive around the areas that you are interested in as well as those that have been recommended to you so that you can assess for yourself what is a good area for you. That will be your best bet.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
I've yet to see ANY of that graffiti that FutureTexan is referring to. I would recommend that you take a drive around the areas that you are interested in as well as those that have been recommended to you so that you can assess for yourself what is a good area for you. That will be your best bet.
3. Hermitage police keep eye on apartment area
February 17, 2006 •• 1167 words •• ID: nsh2006030716412770
Arrests made on drug possession, weapons charges By ANDY HUMBLES Staff Writer Police have been monitoring gang activity at the Margaret Robertson apartments area in Hermitage and at some duplexes nearby, which resulted in about eight arrests at the end of 2005. Metro police Sgt. Gary Kemper said the area has been "getting cleaned up,'' but police are continuing to monitor the area. Kemper is in charge of the department's gang unit.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/...&p_text_date-0=

I'm not buying the article, but that's what I remembered.. I'm not sure if it's still active over there or not...

Last edited by TXRyan23; 07-01-2008 at 07:09 PM..

Old 07-01-2008, 07:41 PM

That was February 2006...and you said you heard about graffiti...not that you actually saw it. There could very well be some bad areas. But what I am saying is that the Old Hickory/ Bell Road (near the shores)/Percy Priest Lake area is really nice. Seeing is believing. There is also a hotline where you can find out the crime stats in the area. I don't have the number but I'm sure that you can get it from the local police department.

There are many wonderful places to live in the Middle TN area. I wish you all the best in finding something that best suits you.

All the best to you as well FutureTexan if your username is literal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville