Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,616 times

Advertisements

I'm a new member & had just read Lociondio's "Direct Career Path" Thread. Ok, "Songwriter's Association..." (I don't remember the correct name.) is a great start for me to look into. My situation is a little diff. As a past Elemen. Music Teacher I discovered that I wanted More. I'm planning to relocate to Nashville (from NYC) b/c of this "Music Scene" here (which is depressing when you're a Musician & Aspiring Songwriter) is Mainly RAP & HIP-HOP & my main instrument is Piano/Keys, but I playing Gtr. (Electro-Acoustic) & one of my other goals is to continue learning Gtr. b/c (w/ the Few Lessons that I've taken it seems so Natural for me to play) I'd like to Songwrite & Perform w/ the Gtr.. I'm into Rock (Alternative, etc.), World Fusion (Indian Classical Music - Tabla), Classical Music, etc. I'd like work w/ any type of Music using my Music Theory (or Audio-Recording/Music Production) skills.
I'd like to work in a recording studio (working w/ other Artists/Bands), teach Audio-Recording/Music Production (I've just finished completing an Audio-Recording Prog. at a Tech School.) & Music Theory Classes at a College, & work/collaborate w/ other Musicians. The Whole thing is since Nashville, is known as "Music City", a place focused on Songwriting, I want to be a Professional Songwriter/Artist.
So, since people are telling me that I should definitely be able to find a Music Job here I'd like to ask any Songwriter/Musician or Artist if this is true. Could I really achieve my goal(s) above?? And w/ my musical skills, would there be any other jobs that are in Nashville that are rare in other places like NYC (e.g. "Song Plugger", etc.)??
I Really Appreciate any help, assistance, or suggested resources to these questions from anyone in Nashville's Music Scene. Thanx!!

Last edited by Mona Ovation; 02-16-2009 at 09:41 PM.. Reason: Forgot to specify a sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville