Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times

Advertisements

Those apartments are all in AWFUL areas. Wallace Road? Ellington Parkway? YUCK! Glastonbury Woods is the only one even HALFWAY worth considering, and I still would never recommend it to a single female. I'm a Dave Ramsey listener and am all about being frugal, but please, spend $150 more a month and live somewhere safe and pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 01:55 PM

50 posts, read 199,033 times
lol...I'm armed and ready, plus I grew up in Brooklyn, it takes a lot to scare me.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM

23 posts, read 91,265 times
PIMPY- I just wanted to say I too am a HUUUGE FAN Of Dave Ramsey too, in fact you just reminded me that his show is on

Old 02-18-2009, 05:30 PM

149 posts, read 478,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Here's my run down. Only my opinion...

The first one seems to be in the middle of an industrial area. When I think of Massman Dr. it just screams industrial to me but I could be wrong.

The second one is right by the airport & if it's the road I'm thinking of is an extremely busy cut thru for people trying to get to Murfreesboro Rd. & I wouldn't live there.

The third one down was a PSYCHO lady when I called. I called because I wanted to get an address because the ad only said the Ellington Pkwy area which could be a lot of places. I told her I wasn't from here & just went along with everything she said & she was telling me that Ellington Parkway is the Brentwood Nippers Corner area. Not so much. At all. There is the Ellington Agricultural Center in that area but she said Ellington Pkwy & so did the ad which is not true at all.

I'd be weary of the fourth one down on Wallace Rd., maybe someone else has more experience with that area but in my personal opinion I wouldn't recommend it to a single female new comer because the area can be a little rough. My boyfriend lives in that zip code, 37211, & it's fine where he lives but it can tend to be hit or miss around Harding Place.

The last one, if you don't mind living above someone would probably be okay but you'd definitely want an address first.

You are calling the 37211 area bad? This coming from someone who lives in EN by the projects. I do not think so.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:40 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,635 times
Qwe, what do you know about my house's proximity to the projects? It's not like they're in my backyard, they're about a mile away which in an urban area translates to ain't that close...& if you would kindly read my post again I said my boyfriend lives in that zip code & is fine but it can be hit or miss, which most would agree with.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
You are calling the 37211 area bad? This coming from someone who lives in EN by the projects. I do not think so.
qwe123safi, you claim you live in Forrest Hills but you sure like to denigrate East Nashville any time you get the chance and at the same time post recommendations for the Antioch area at the same time???? Are we hiding something? I have lived in Antioch also and would propose as far as crime, gangs, etc, the East Nashville area is getting better and South Nashville/Antioch area is getting much worse. I see this outside everyday LIVING IN East Nashville not just reading the Tennessean "Crime and Courts" section. I apologize to any Antioch residents without a hidden agenda as I know there are good areas there JUST LIKE East Nashville.

Last edited by yank283; 02-18-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 07:57 PM

149 posts, read 478,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
qwe123safi, you claim you live in Forrest Hills but you sure like to denigrate East Nashville and at the same time post recommendations for the Antioch area at the same time???? Are we hiding something? I have lived in Antioch also and would propose as far as crime, gangs, etc, the East Nashville area is getting better and South Nashville/Antioch area is getting worse. I see this outside everyday as I actually live here. I apologize to any Antioch residents without a hidden agenda as I know there are good areas there JUST LIKE East Nashville.

Why would I hide something? I have had a lot of bad experiences there. And, I had a lot of good experiences in Antioch. Plus, I think people are over emphasizing EN better and Antioch betting worst.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 PM

933 posts, read 2,741,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwe123safi View Post
Why would I hide something? I have had a lot of bad experiences there. And, I had a lot of good experiences in Antioch. Plus, I think people are over emphasizing EN better and Antioch betting worst.
Well, my personal experiences (that's what I go by) are that East Nashville IS getting better and the Metro crime reports back that up. I have SEEN IT because I have lived here for 3 years. You want to hear about bad experiences, I used to live in Antioch in what was considered a good apartment (across from Evergreen/Home Depot) complex 9 years ago. I moved to Bellevue after I started getting weekly knocks in the AM , in the middle of the week by guys with their hoodies on. I didn't answer the door and told them to go away. Apparently, there were some home invasions in our complex at the same time and also some robberies that included hoping patios and going into unlocked sliding doors. I have never ran into ANYTHING LIKE that in my 3 years in East Nashville. If anything my neighborhood that I live in has gotten better. I see it in the new families that have moved in and take their kids to the park nearby everyday. I see it in the drug dealers that used to linger on Galatin RD that are no longer to be found (more discreet no doubt). Residents over here are banding together and fighting what used to be business as usual by criminals. Is there a similar dedicated movement in Antioch?

Last edited by yank283; 02-18-2009 at 08:30 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,635 times
This has gone off topic but I will say that no one is more aware of crime in EN than the residents that live here because we choose to band together & be informed.

I get an e-mail every single time something of note goes off on the police scanner in my area, yank does too. We choose to be informed by the proper sources not word on the street & hearsay.

I don't get all the hoopla that surrounds EN on this forum like it's the plague. It's humorous that Qwe would even call me out about saying 37211 can be hit or miss under some logic that because I live in a perceived bad area that I forgo the opportunity to ever say anything slightly negative about another area...in fact if I was the OP I might be inclined to take heed when a girl that lives alone "by the projects" thinks an area is rough...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yank283 View Post
qwe123safi, you claim you live in Forrest Hills but you sure like to denigrate East Nashville any time you get the chance and at the same time post recommendations for the Antioch area at the same time???? Are we hiding something? I have lived in Antioch also and would propose as far as crime, gangs, etc, the East Nashville area is getting better and South Nashville/Antioch area is getting much worse. I see this outside everyday LIVING IN East Nashville not just reading the Tennessean "Crime and Courts" section. I apologize to any Antioch residents without a hidden agenda as I know there are good areas there JUST LIKE East Nashville.
That guy lives in Forest Hills like I live in Beverly Hills. Check his early posts from Fall 2008 and reconcile them with the stuff he's posted recently. Tons of inconsistencies. It's obvious he's blowing smoke. Now I just scroll right past any post with his name on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville