Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:38 PM

251 posts, read 1,034,381 times

Advertisements

I agree with all that has been said, they are both nice cities....I personally like Nashville
better----, I am considering relocating in a few years and these are two cities I have considered..

To me Nashville seemed like a more well rounded city...and I think the economy is better
in Nashville as well..

My Godmother lives in Suburban Charlotte--she loves it, but she travels all over the world...so she
goes back and forth....NC is beautiful...but, I suggest Nashville.

You really have to check it out for yourself....Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 11:42 PM

Storey13,

I took the Amtrak from Atlanta to Charlotte, and also from Raleigh to Charlotte it was nice...

I haven't been to Charlotte since they put in the Light Rail...that's good--

That really was the only thing I saw lacking in Nashville is Public Transportaion...but to me the
South is based on having a car and driving...

I was suprised Amtrak didn't go thru Nashville, maybe perhaps in the Past the Trains went thru
years and years ago...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Meenesottaheh,

You would need to live near whatever College you decide to attend, and also to your job if you
have to work...

It is pretty impossible to live in the South without a car....

UNCC has a nice campus, I am not sure though if it is considered the College Area of
NC....Raleigh-Durham seems to be moreso....with Duke,UNC,North Carolina State, NCCU
there are some other colleges in Charlotte as well..

Nashville has more colleges I believe....

Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 AM

Eescapes,

I couldn't get over all of the banks in Charlotte on every corner it seemed...reminded me of
all the Starbucks here in California......

So you like Nashville better then Raleigh? I passed thru Raleigh--flying in from Nashville and
taking Amtrak to Charlotte..the downtown was smaller then I thought it would be...

NC is a beautiful state, but for some reason I just like Nashville better.......

Glad it worked out for you...I know someone who retired to Columbia as well.....I went to Rock Hill,NC--I would love to visit Charleston....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville