Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 05:14 PM

17 posts, read 31,832 times

Advertisements

Hello, I may be relocating to the Nashville area in the next few months. I would really like to live in Brentwood. I'm a 40ish single professional female looking for a 2 bedroom apartment in the $800/month range. My priorities are that it is safe, quiet, and not overrun with college age kids. Lots of trees would be a bonus. I will be working in Nashville, but I really would rather not live there. I love the looks of Brentwood. Can anyone recommend some apartments?

Also, is there a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's in or near Brentwood?
Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,013 times
There is a Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in the Green Hills area of Nashville, which is about a ten to twenty minute drive, depending where in Brentwood you are coming from. Finding a two bedroom apartment like you described in Brentwood for $800/mth is going to be difficult. You may have to look at areas that are near Brentwood. Do a search in apartmentfinder.com for Williamson County and also checkout Craigslist as they may be of some help. Good luck!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,026,580 times
gbone is correct. There are a lot of apartments in that price range, especially in the Nippers Corner area, that tack "Brentwood" on their name, but that is NOT Brentwood and some of those complexes are sketchier than others. $800 for a two-bedroom in the actual Brentwood city limits will be tough, but you might be able to eke in around that price at The Landings of Brentwood.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:43 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,326 times
You're not going to find what you describe for $800 in Brentwood. I have a 2BR in a nice complex in Franklin and my rent before utitilities and extra storage is $969 and that was on the low end of our search range.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:49 AM

17 posts, read 31,832 times
Default brentwood apartments

Ok, I may have to spend a little more or move somewhere else. I could probably go $900. Where are some communities you would recommend similar to what I describe that are in my price range? I dont care so much about the commute.

Also, are you familiar with any of the following apartment complexes?

Keystone Farms
Alara Farms
The Landings
Wyndchase Aspen Cove
Alara Cool Springs
Brentwood Downs
British Woods

Thanks for your help!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,026,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie227 View Post
Ok, I may have to spend a little more or move somewhere else. I could probably go $900. Where are some communities you would recommend similar to what I describe that are in my price range? I dont care so much about the commute.

Keystone Farms
Alara Farms
The Landings
Wyndchase Aspen Cove
Alara Cool Springs
Brentwood Downs
British Woods

Thanks for your help!
If you are referring to British Woods on Murfreesboro Road, scratch it off your list. That is a TERRIBLE neighborhood.

Brentwood Downs is one of those Nippers Corner complexes I alluded to in my last post that for some reason thinks it can fool people by having "Brentwood" in its name despite being located in the 37211 zip.

Out of all the others, The Landings will probably be your best bet at getting something reasonably close to $800/month.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Keystone Farms
Alara Farms
The Landings
Wyndchase Aspen Cove
Alara Cool Springs
Brentwood Downs
British Woods

Thanks for your help!

We looked at all of those except Keystone Farms. This is just my opinion but Alara CoolSprings was overpriced for what they offered. Alara Farms was a little better but we found others that we liked more than any of the Alaras. Wyndchase Aspen Cove was nice and bright, I remember liking that. British Woods....that one sounded great on the phone but then wasn't so hot. I don't think they had laundry facilities in the apartments either. It's been 9 months so I don't remember exactly. They all started to blend together.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:54 PM

Yeah...and what Pimpy said about watching out for the edges of Brentwood. Some of them can be VERY "un-Brentwood".

Old 03-19-2009, 05:52 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,536 times
Quote:

Keystone Farms
Alara Farms
The Landings
Wyndchase Aspen Cove
Alara Cool Springs
Brentwood Downs
British Woods

Thanks for your help!
Wynchase you will not find a 2 bedroom @ $800 A Month, its $835plus for a 1 bedroom . It's very nice. You also pay extra for gas, Water, and Electric.
The Landings, I found ok. A 2 bedroom there is more than $800. I was not thrilled with the rental staff there.
Alara farm, nice but more than Wynchase.
Keystone farms looks nice, we did not check it out as its a 2 bedroom, and we were looking for a 1 bedroom for my son.
Brentwood Downs was just ok, A 2 bedroom is more than $800 a month. Its not really in Brentwood, but may have a Brentwood Zip, but in Davidson County.
My Son ended up getting a Job in Murfreesboro, so all that research did not pan out. He also got a 2 bedroom. because rents in Murfreesboro, were so much less.
Diane G

Old 03-20-2009, 08:42 PM

43 posts, read 305,365 times
There is also a Whole Foods in Cool Springs, near Target. The only Trader Joe's is in Green Hills, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville