Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 08:26 AM

33 posts, read 209,868 times

Advertisements

Any Clarksville locals out there? I'm curious what you can tell me about the area and life there?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 08:45 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
There's been two or three threads lately about Clarksville. You might want to take a look at those and then see what other questions you have.

You'll notice that the opinions vary somewhat. And you might want to think of Clarksville as two places (years ago there actually were two separate towns). There's the Clarksville where life centers around Ft. Campbell in the northwest of the county, and then there's the Clarksville where life revolves around other interests.

I am originally from Clarksville, although I now live in Nashville.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:22 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Clarksville was very disappointing to us. Crime is rampant and houses are cheaply made. The schools are not good nor is the shopping/dining/nightlife. You have your basic run-of-the-mill restaurants and a small mall along Wilma Rudolph Blvd, and thats about it. Austin-Peay (sp?) seemed ok, and the downtown is mediocre at best. There are 4 Wal-Marts in town, if thats anything to you. hahaha For recreation, there is a cave in town that I heard was pretty cool, and there is a bowling alley and some parks. The area around the fort consists of fast food joints, army surplus stores, and some strip clubs and run-down auto shops. Seriously, I would steer clear of Clarksville, it was an absolute pit and I regret ever moving there. The happiest day of my life was packing up and moving back home. Dont be fooled by the cheap housing costs either (like we were). The houses are badly built (almost all still use the popcorn ceiling effect) and the materials are cheap. We couldnt even find one with a basement! That wasnt reassuring especially with the couple tornadoes in the area that particular summer. Speaking of summer, be prepared for a LONG and HOT summer, massive humidity and all. winters are pretty mild, but ultra-cold spells can and do occur as does some snowfall. Out of 10 stars, Id give Clarksville 2 (3 at best). Look towards Nashville, its much nicer.

Old 09-02-2007, 09:31 AM

17 posts, read 61,047 times
We love Clarksville. The schools ARE good. And we always find plenty to do. It depends on what you like doing. We love going to the caves and taking walks around civil war ememorials, etc. We like nature and history so this is fun for us. Yes, the mall is small but you can always drive to Nashville for bigger, and of course they have Opry Mills outlet mall. Depending on where you live, it is relatively quiet. Every city has a good bad and ugly side of town. If you ask me, Nashville is worse...traffic high prices to live, higher taxes and a large bar scene...not our idea of a place to raise kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville