Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:59 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,691,802 times

Advertisements

A panorama shot of Riverview. I'll just post a link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/lam...ornado/Pano.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,776,795 times
Oh wow. Lamplight thank you for sharing your pics with us. Its amazing how much damage there is.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 AM

You're welcome. I didn't try to get pictures of the damage everyone could see from the road. I was afraid I might look like a gawker, plus everyone can see those things anyway. They've cut down the big tree next to my apartment's back door, where the dumpster landed in the first picture. It didn't appear to have any serious damage at all, but now it's gone. I hope people here don't start freaking out and cutting down all their trees.

BTW, I hear now they've upped it to an F4 tornado. Anyone know if that's true?

Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM

764 posts, read 2,542,044 times
Yes, it was upgraded to an EF4 tornado the other day.

Those are some amazing photos. Do you live in that area?

Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 AM

Yes, I live in those apartments (Rivermont) which is why I recommended them in another thread to the fellow who bikes everywhere. Although, right now they're not exactly the easiest spot to commute from since the Greenway is currently impassable.

Oh, and they cut down the tree next to my back door, which seemed to have no visible damage:

Now it's just miserable when I step out my back door. Rivermont lost an insane amount of big trees, and if they're cutting down seemingly healthy ones that's certainly not going to help!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,540,240 times
RE: Lamplight's pics:

To quote Peter Boyle, "Holy Crap!"

Being up north, I've never seen naked trees without bark and branches. Freaking weird! Terrifying actually.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 AM

764 posts, read 2,542,044 times
My Mom is just off Wilkerson Pike near the battleground and right by much of the destruction in the West Park area. There were older homes with big, beautiful mature trees that I have loved since I was a kid that are now gone - homes and trees. I'll never get used to the now-scarred landscape.

That section of the Greenway was one of the prettiest of the whole system. I dread seeing it once it reopens.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
My Mom is just off Wilkerson Pike near the battleground and right by much of the destruction in the West Park area. There were older homes with big, beautiful mature trees that I have loved since I was a kid that are now gone - homes and trees. I'll never get used to the now-scarred landscape.

That section of the Greenway was one of the prettiest of the whole system. I dread seeing it once it reopens.
The houses in Riverview were the same way for me: Fixtures of the town that I remember from my childhood, now gone. The Greenway is bad as well, and won't look the same in our lifetime, I'm afraid.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:07 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,346,113 times
I took my daughter to lunch today. She is a student at MTSU and lives off campus in Murfreesboro.
I saw the detruction on the side of the interstarte on both sides of Medical Pky. It was awful, one house split in 2.
I also saw how close it was to the Avenue! Wow

Diane G

Old 04-18-2009, 10:06 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,597,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I took my daughter to lunch today. She is a student at MTSU and lives off campus in Murfreesboro.
I saw the detruction on the side of the interstarte on both sides of Medical Pky. It was awful, one house split in 2.
I also saw how close it was to the Avenue! Wow

Diane G
I was over on Medical Center too today (1st time since tornado) and THe Avenue is VERY LUCKY it did not get hit as was the new hospital constructon site. The devestation is beyond words.

I was also over on NW Broad and it looks like a war zone. Scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville