Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 03:35 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times

Advertisements

I heard today that one of the injured people had died, raising the death count to three. How sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 03:48 PM

231 posts, read 869,336 times
I was there, as an emergency responder (searching for victims in damaged homes). Coming from the north this was my first experience with a tornado. What amazes me was the fact people were out repairing and cleaning, and they had GREAT albeit solemn attitudes.
(A special thank you to the nice couple that gave my crew popsicles. It came at the right time!)

P.S. And despite the storms I still would not move back to the north!

Last edited by GrnMtnFire; 04-11-2009 at 05:16 PM..

Old 04-11-2009, 03:58 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
I was there, as an emergency responder (searching for victims is damaged homes). Coming from the north this was my first experience with a tornado. What amazes me was the fact people were out repairing and cleaning, and they had GREAT albeit solemn attitudes.
(A special thank you to the nice couple that gave my crew popsicles. It came at the right time!)
Thanks for your efforts, and for your comments. When people from other areas ask why many of us like living in Tennessee, it's very hard to tell them the whole story. Our feelings about facing adversity with courage and/or compassion and taking care of our friends and neighbors is something hard to put into words.

When East Nashville was heavily damaged by a tornado a few years ago the whole area rallied to help. Hundreds of people came out for "help clean up weekend". I bet it will be similar if they schedule one for the areas hit in Murfreesboro; they will have more volunteers than they know what to do with. Many of them with trucks and chainsaws and strong backs.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:02 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
I was there, as an emergency responder (searching for victims is damaged homes). Coming from the north this was my first experience with a tornado. What amazes me was the fact people were out repairing and cleaning, and they had GREAT albeit solemn attitudes.
And thanks to you for risking your own life to help others!

Old 04-11-2009, 04:10 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
By the way, if there is anyone on here from Murfreesboro who has tree damage, I have a large, almost-new electric chainsaw with several feet of heavy electric cable (I can't remember whether it's a 50-feet or 100-feet or 200-feet). I'd be more than happy to arrange to let someone borrow it.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:20 PM

107 posts, read 267,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I took this from work (Thompson Lane) right as the funnel had just formed. A few seconds after this it must have touched down, because it nearly doubled in size and picked up a huge amount of debris. A few seconds after that it was moving to the right of the picture through the Battlefield. I've never in my life heard a sound like that, and it was truly terrifying; a completely helpless feeling. It went right by my apartment and did a lot of damage in the complex, but not to my unit in particular. Riverview is trashed.

WOW!! You were SO CLOSE!! I am glad you are ok! I drove by some of the damage today and it's just devastating! I am so SAD for everyone!!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:23 PM

107 posts, read 267,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
that's weird they said the tornado killed two people, and that a woman and her baby are "among the dead". Does that mean that there are other people killed ? Or did they mean that the woman and her baby are all the people that got killed ?

So far, just the woman and her baby got killed. The Dad is in the hospital with a broken back and other injuries. SO SAD!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:26 PM

137 posts, read 630,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
So far, just the woman and her baby got killed. The Dad is in the hospital with a broken back and other injuries. SO SAD!!!
umm.. no. I guess you didn't hear the latest news or read the latest posts in this thread

Old 04-11-2009, 07:44 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,626,296 times
Quote:
umm.. no. I guess you didn't hear the latest news or read the latest posts in this thread
Please provide us with a link showing otherwise. I do not see anything about a 3rd confirmed casualty.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:44 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
So far from the news stations in the area and the local papers, there is no mention of another death from the tornados.

Nashville News, Tennessee News and Local Weather from WSMV 4 News
WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather, and Sports |Home
NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - Home
www.dnj.com | The Daily News Journal | Murfreesboro and Rutherford County news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Serving Murfreesboro and Rutherford County,
http://www.tennessean.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville