Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 PM

137 posts, read 627,853 times

Advertisements

Can anyone who is familiar with Brentwood recommend good subdivisions and neighborhoods ? Also are there any serious negatives about specific subdivisions ?

Specifically, on the east side of Brentwood close to Nolensville pike, is there significant noise from air traffic of commercial flights ? I'm talking about the area around the "Concord pass" road and adjoining subdivisions such as Chestnut Springs, Bridgeton Park, and Brookfield ? I also noticed that there are a lot of rentals in these neighborhoods, so I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not.

I would also like to know if anyone is familiar with the Shadow Creek area, and the Holly Tree subdivision in the west side of Brentwood ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 PM

16 posts, read 74,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
Can anyone who is familiar with Brentwood recommend good subdivisions and neighborhoods ? Also are there any serious negatives about specific subdivisions ?

Specifically, on the east side of Brentwood close to Nolensville pike, is there significant noise from air traffic of commercial flights ? I'm talking about the area around the "Concord pass" road and adjoining subdivisions such as Chestnut Springs, Bridgeton Park, and Brookfield ? I also noticed that there are a lot of rentals in these neighborhoods, so I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not.

I would also like to know if anyone is familiar with the Shadow Creek area, and the Holly Tree subdivision in the west side of Brentwood ?

Thanks
I live over in that area, and we really like it. Airport noise is not bad. I don't even notice it. It's beautiful out here - feels "country" but is still so close to everything. I'm 2 minutes from the grocery store and Starbucks :-)
Our neighborhood is very close knit. There are block parties - end of summer, Easter egg hunt, halloween, etc. Lots of families and kids, but a good mix of people.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:14 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,143,082 times
Quote:

Thanks
user, if you refer back to one of your previous threads(Brentwood Area) I believe most of your questions here have been answered, especially those related to air traffic noise. Also, there really are no 'bad' subdivisions in Brentwood, just some that different people like more than others or some that are more convenient than others based on rush hour traffic. What specifically are you looking for when you are looking for "good subdivisions", as everybody definition of "good" is somewhat different.
Also, I am familiar with Shadow Creek and Holly Tree. What specific questions did you have about either one?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmom4 View Post
I live over in that area, and we really like it. Airport noise is not bad. I don't even notice it. It's beautiful out here - feels "country" but is still so close to everything. I'm 2 minutes from the grocery store and Starbucks :-)
Our neighborhood is very close knit. There are block parties - end of summer, Easter egg hunt, halloween, etc. Lots of families and kids, but a good mix of people.
Thanks, but aren't quite far from I-65 and the Cool Springs mall area ? Also, aren't you relatively close to some questionable areas like Antioch and Lavergne ?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but aren't quite far from I-65 and the Cool Springs mall area ? Also, aren't you relatively close to some questionable areas like Antioch and Lavergne ?
user, I'll refer you again to the other thread that you started about Brentwood as these questions were commented upon by a number of people. The comments specifically mentioned distance and driving time to the areas you are talking about. Additionally, Antioch and Lavergne don't come into play as the areas you are asking about are far enough south off of Nolensville Rd. to not make any difference. The best way for you to get a feel for driving time is to do it yourself during the times that you would if you lived in an area. Some people don't consider it a hassle to get to I-65 from the areas you mentioned and some do, it's all personal preference.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:31 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,591,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
user, I'll refer you again to the other thread that you started about Brentwood as these questions were commented upon by a number of people. The comments specifically mentioned distance and driving time to the areas you are talking about. Additionally, Antioch and Lavergne don't come into play as the areas you are asking about are far enough south off of Nolensville Rd. to not make any difference. The best way for you to get a feel for driving time is to do it yourself during the times that you would if you lived in an area. Some people don't consider it a hassle to get to I-65 from the areas you mentioned and some do, it's all personal preference.
Very true gbone. What me be massive traffic to you, may just be a short delay to me. We could have completely different definitions of "traffic" and what is or isn't a "hassle". I think it also has a lot to do from what you have come from. Coming from the New York City Metro area, I don't consider Nashville traffic that bad at all. I know others would completely disagree with me.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
user, if you refer back to one of your previous threads(Brentwood Area) I believe most of your questions here have been answered, especially those related to air traffic noise. Also, there really are no 'bad' subdivisions in Brentwood, just some that different people like more than others or some that are more convenient than others based on rush hour traffic. What specifically are you looking for when you are looking for "good subdivisions", as everybody definition of "good" is somewhat different.
Also, I am familiar with Shadow Creek and Holly Tree. What specific questions did you have about either one?
Hi,
well I wanted to get first hand account of these issues, especially the air traffic noise. I was actually driving around Shadow Creek area as well as Raintree and I don't remember hearing any noise.
As for distance, I agree it's all personal, and I would prefer to be no more than 10-15 minutes away from I-65 and Cool Springs (especially that this is the only place that has Whole Foods store that we go to regularly), so I was wondering how do the people living in Shadow Creek and "Concord Pass" road area feel about the distance issue and how long it takes in rush hour.
Regarding the Holly Tree farms subdivision, since this area is on the west edge of Brentwood, I would like to know what is the area immediately adjacent to it on the west on Hilsboro pike. I know that franklin is to the south and forest hills to the north, but I would like to get information about the other un-incorporated areas there, who do they belong to and who lives there, and if for example they can suddenly decide to build an airport there or something.

Also another question about the areas of Brentwood close to the train tracks, if this causes noise during the day or night.

Thanks

Old 04-12-2009, 08:21 AM

16 posts, read 74,123 times
Quote:
It depends on what you think "far" is. My husband drives Concord to I-65 every day. He leaves early in the am, so morning traffic isn't a problem. Sometimes (in bad weather) it can be slow going on the way home.

No, we aren't close to questionable areas. You have to go up Nolensville road a good ways before anything becomes questionable.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Also another question about the areas of Brentwood close to the train tracks, if this causes noise during the day or night.

Thanks
Only when the trains go by and only if you hear them. People that I know that live near the tracks say they don't hear them after a while.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 PM

Ok, thanks. Next question: What's to the west of Brentwood ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville