Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 01:54 AM

923 posts, read 3,512,886 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My wife and I will be visiting the Brentwood/Franklin area and would love
Recommendations.
Casual/Dress Casual $25 per person.
Share your secrets Please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 02:04 AM

Sorry to be more specific,
Chinese, Italian, Pizza, Funky, etc

But please no Chains, like CF, Outback lol
PF Changs is ok though

Old 04-01-2007, 07:40 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,506 times
Hi Back-

I could talk restaurants all day long

As far as Asian, there are 2 really good ones in Cool Springs/Brentwood. Basil on Carothers, and Jasmine right off the Moores Lane exit. Thai Spice in Franklin also has very good food, but not as comfortable. They do offer free delivery though! All 3 are smoke-free.

If there's a great Italian place here, (meaning Franklin/Brentwood), we've yet to find it.

Pizza? IS Guido's a chain? I don't know. Matteo's is good. Just depends on what you like, Some people have such strong feelings about how pizza "should" be made. That one's a hard call.

Funky? You could try our favorite- Saffire. It's in the Factory in Franklin. Open kitchen, known for their fish, Southern takes on old standards, and fun starters. You'll get your entrees for $25, but if you add salads and wine, this will put you over. Bar and restaurant non-smoking.

Also funky is Criallo's. Haven't been in awhile because it's small, allows smoking, and has a cigar shop next door that permeates the whole building. Good food though!

More casual and affordable is Puckett's in Franklin, off Main St. Good old meat-n-three. GET THE COBBLER Non-smoking. Bar too. Live music. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Very casual, but VERY good is Blue Coast Burrito. Basic line-taqueria, but serious about the food. Top ingredients, award-winning guac, and the ONLY place you can buy those famous paletas outside the shop in Nashville where they make 'em. (For you paleta virgins, think Rolls Royce of popsicles, with flavors like chocolate raspberry, cucumber lime, coconut cream, java chip, etc.) Blue Coast even installed systems to ensure food safety, like water and air purifiers, and other kitchen precautions. Not fancy, but we love this place. Serves beer, sodas, and great fruit tea. Non-smoking, inside and on patio.

There's a Persian place on Moore's Lane at Franklin Rd. I keep hearing about, but we haven't been yet.

For lunch, try Dumplin's on Main in Franklin. Very Southern. Chicken poppy seed casserole over rice, fabulous rolls with sweet butter, fruit tea, and the best dessert line-up around. Non-smoking.

That's all for now. I have to go to the gym!

Last edited by akm4; 04-01-2007 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 AM

Thanks, I'm Starving!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM

31 posts, read 157,624 times
Post Restaraunts

Asian - I would also agree with akm4 the Basil is really good, and I also like Peter's Thai (Brentwood), although it is much smaller and not as upscale inside.
Italian - Amerigo (West Gate Circle in Cool Springs) is my favorite.
Pizza - My two favorite pizza places are Pie In The Sky Pizza (Galleria Blvd in Cool Springs) and Nashville Pizza Company (Hillsboro Road in Franklin). Both are not chains and also serve other food besides pizza. Pie In The Sky serves great pastas, salads, and calzones, and Nashville Pizza Company serves salads and sandwiches, too. If I had to choose one, though, my favorite would be Pie In The Sky. The inside of the restaraunt is really cool, too.
Funky - I think The Red Pony (Downtown Franklin) is very good, but it might be a bit too expensive (I forgot how much is was, though).

Also good is the Flying Horse Restaraunt (next to the Factory in Franklin) and Mere Bulles in Maryland Farms (Brentwood). They both serve a variety of foods.

I'll add anymore if I can think of anything.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:10 PM

225 posts, read 1,143,851 times
Great list akm4!

I'd pick Saffire, Dumplins, and Blue Coast Burrito. Saffire's is more than your quoted $25 but well worth it!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:17 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,506 times
wellkids- You can get entrees for 25 at Saffire! Not all of them, but some

Red Pony IS wonderful and funky (be sure and go upstairs for a drink before leaving), but definitely more $ than the poster asked for.

Peter's Thai? Never heard of it, but I'll be sure to find it now. Thanks for the tip.

So glad TNsoundsgood mentioned Mere Bulle's! Their brunch is the best around. Non-smoking, plenty of wonderful choices on their awesome buffet, and ususally a pianist too. Don't miss the crab bisque or the Benedict of the day. (Crab cake Bene, fried green tomato, etc.)

Old 04-03-2007, 05:17 PM

9 posts, read 34,850 times
Smile Yum, Yum

Hello,
We are going to the same area soon and Love all the Rest suggestions...
I am so hungry now.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:19 PM

9 posts, read 34,850 times
Question Where is The Factory?

Where is The Factory?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 PM

63 posts, read 294,159 times
On the subject of restaurants. Are there any suggestions for ones that serve King Crab Legs, Lobsters and Shrimp? Does not have to be economical - just need to know where to find one when I need it
Thanks
LF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: