Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 11:16 AM

12 posts, read 54,068 times

Advertisements

I wrote in about a month ago and got some great advice. We're moving to Nashville this summer with our 2 children (5 and 18 mos) for my husband's new job at Belmont U. We're planning our trip to Nashville next month and are now trying to narrow down our options. Because of school systems and our price range (250-300k) we are fairly sure we will not live in Nashville itself. We are most seriously considering Franklin, but wondering about the more affordable areas of Nolensville that feed into Williamson County Schools, like Silver Stream.

Can anyone tell me anything more specific about this area? You can't see a lot of the street views on Google maps because the area is too new. Is there green space? Areas to walk/ride bikes? How far is it from downtown Franklin and from Cool Springs? How do the two commutes compare (going to Belmont)? How is Ravenwood H.S. as opposed to Franklin H.S? What would you say are the advantages/disadvantages to Silver Stream vs. Fieldstone Farms (the area we're looking most seriously in Franklin)?

Also... We'd like a basement in our house and have heard this is hard to find. Can anyone comment on that? Thanks a bunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 03:14 PM

16 posts, read 74,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsnotes View Post
I wrote in about a month ago and got some great advice. We're moving to Nashville this summer with our 2 children (5 and 18 mos) for my husband's new job at Belmont U. We're planning our trip to Nashville next month and are now trying to narrow down our options. Because of school systems and our price range (250-300k) we are fairly sure we will not live in Nashville itself. We are most seriously considering Franklin, but wondering about the more affordable areas of Nolensville that feed into Williamson County Schools, like Silver Stream.

Can anyone tell me anything more specific about this area? You can't see a lot of the street views on Google maps because the area is too new. Is there green space? Areas to walk/ride bikes? How far is it from downtown Franklin and from Cool Springs? How do the two commutes compare (going to Belmont)? How is Ravenwood H.S. as opposed to Franklin H.S? What would you say are the advantages/disadvantages to Silver Stream vs. Fieldstone Farms (the area we're looking most seriously in Franklin)?

Also... We'd like a basement in our house and have heard this is hard to find. Can anyone comment on that? Thanks a bunch.
I have been out to Silver Stream and it is a nice enough neighborhood. I believe they are currently putting in the community pool, which is a very nice feature. One impression I had was that there seemed to be a lack of trees. It's possible it was some sort of farm land before it was developed.

Have you looked at other areas of Nolensville? Burkitt Place has some great homes, and is very convenient to Nolensville Rd, Concord, and grocery stores/shopping. This community is comprised of 2 counties, so make sure you are on the Williamson Cty side, if that is important to you.

Bent Creek is another nice neighborhood in Nolensville. It is a bit further down Nolensville Rd., but has lots of trees, pocket parks and a community pool.
Both of these neighborhoods have websites, so I'm sure you can find more info. there.

Depending on where you are in Franklin, it can be a bit of a trek to get to the interstate and into Nashville. Have you mapquested Fieldstone Farms to Belmont U?

There are basement homes available - it just totally depends on the lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville