Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,547 times

Advertisements

To answer your question. There are a couple of bad areas to avoid.
Antioch is one and East Nashville is another if you are planning on raising a family (these are not exactly good family areas, also high crime area too). Most of the other places are fine, Brentwood/Franklin; Murfreesboro; Smyrna; Goodlettsville; Donelson/Hendersonville; Mt Juliet areas to name a few all have high marks for family and good old country living with the city influence. Good luck in your search and welcome to Tennessee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 02:00 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,134 times
[quote=JaeM;8390989] East Nashville is another if you are planning on raising a family (these are not exactly good family areas, also high crime area too)quote]

Oh me, here we go again...

Yes, I am a broken record, but I will continue to be one on this forum until it is clear across the board that East Nashville is not what it once was.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I get that, but I don't think it's fair to say that EN as a whole is a bad area & should be avoided by people wanting to raise a family.

There are plenty of good people choosing to raise their families in East Nashville, some of which are on this forum. The neighborhood is not what it once was & I see people pushing strollers all the time.

With that being said, are there parts of East Nashville that are less desirable than others and do we have crime in East Nashville, absolutely!

But the important questions to me are, do I feel unsafe in my neighborhood....absolutely not....and would I raise my family in East Nashville, absolutely!

Old 04-15-2012, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,114 times
I am looking to move to Nashville and would specifically like to be in East Nashville. It is an up and coming area close to downtown that is still affordable. Historic houses are being purchased there and being remodeled and resold for a huge profit. Some streets are great with large remodeled historic homes and other streets are still run down. Houses on the East side of Gallatin Pike are typically where people want to live. If you go on the West side of Gallatin, it is run down, old houses with chain link fences.

Right now I live in Clarksville and have lived here for the past 9 years. We live in the Rossview/St Bethlehem area and it is real nice. The school district is the best in Clarksville and two of our kids graduated from Rossview High School and attend Vanderbilt University. They have wonderful, honest, god fearing friends with great families. The streets in the Rossview/St Bethlehem area are quiet and safe. Homes are kept up well and the neighbors are friendly. Now if you go on the West side of town, it is a little sketchy. So are the areas right around Austin Peay State University and along Fort Campbell Blvd. Clarksville is actually a great place to live and raise kids. There are lots of parks and areas to exercise, run, bike ride and picnic. There are a lot of free festivals and concerts. Plus you are only 45 minutes from nashville. The two things Clarksville lacks is great restaurants and good shopping. There are a few good restaurants, but we often travel to Nashville on the weekends to shop and go out to eat.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM

7 posts, read 10,549 times
Did you get any responses about bad areas in Nashville to AVOID!!! I'm looking to move there by the end of the year and would like to know as I'm single and will be moving alone.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 6,114 times
Default Nashville bad areas

Nashville is a very diverse area. If you supply a little more information, I can respond more specifically. Will you be looking for a house or an apartment? Do you want a professional area with nice yards or is blue collar neighborhood ok? Are you just wanting avoid high crime areas? What size house or apartment are you looking for? Are you wanting to live near downtown Nashville or in the suburbs? Any area you prefer to be near?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 8,053 times
hey "new yorker"-
my husband, daughter (2 yrs old) and i also moved from nyc (manhattan) last september. so far, we really like it here. we were READY for a change after being there for 13 years. i think there are many great areas in nashville (i know you want to know the bad... sorry i can't help much there). it's more about what kind of "vibe" you want, what sort of neighborhood...etc.
good luck as you begin this journey...!

Old 05-13-2014, 12:46 PM

138 posts, read 600,779 times
Default So glad I found this post

I'm from LONG ISLAND NY and thinking the same thing.. moving to TN. I've been researching and researching. I'll be visiting in June then again in August with my husband.

We seem to like Brentwood.

We have our current home up for sale and still have to wait until it sells to move so we have the time to seek out the state of TN.

Focusing on schools. My kids are young but my daughter will have a really hard time transitioning because she is 12.

I would love add'l input on the brentwood area. Finding Governers Club very nice, and surrounding.

Thanks

Old 05-13-2014, 02:08 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
I would probably recommend you post this in a separate thread or piggyback off of some of the other Brentwood/Williamson County related threads. This is a fairly old thread and definitely isn't about Brentwood.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:26 PM

OH OK DonCorleone.. lol Thanks

Old 05-14-2014, 05:32 AM

Default Ps..

I'm still under the impression that No one wants to give information about Brentwood.. like it's some type of up-ity area that no one will touch so to speak.

I understand that it is more upscale. But I just want to find information about it regarding family, and interests, schools etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville