Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,945 times

Advertisements

Hi
My family is moving back to Middle TN after a 10 yr. absence and is looking at the Hendersonville area. I have 2 preschool boys and want to know about schools and neighborhoods. I know most of the schools there are good are there any I should avoid? How are the Beech schools?
Also we have been looking (via MLS) at subdivisions like Drakes Pointe, Somerset Downs, Long Beech Heights etc. but also considered buying an older house with a little land to fix up. Any suggestions on neighborhoods that are owner occupied and family friendly or ones we should avoid? We are wanting 4BR, close to Vietnam Veterans, with a nice yard but are not sure if we want the HOA restrictions some subdivisions enforce.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:12 AM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boys2love2 View Post
Hi
My family is moving back to Middle TN after a 10 yr. absence and is looking at the Hendersonville area. I have 2 preschool boys and want to know about schools and neighborhoods. I know most of the schools there are good are there any I should avoid? How are the Beech schools?
Also we have been looking (via MLS) at subdivisions like Drakes Pointe, Somerset Downs, Long Beech Heights etc. but also considered buying an older house with a little land to fix up. Any suggestions on neighborhoods that are owner occupied and family friendly or ones we should avoid? We are wanting 4BR, close to Vietnam Veterans, with a nice yard but are not sure if we want the HOA restrictions some subdivisions enforce.
Thanks in advance!
All of the schools in Hendersonville are good. We moved here about 2 years ago. My son goes to Beech Elementary and has had an excellent time there. He has shown marked improvements over his former school in Mt. Juliet. I would rate them as a 10 out of 10 although they do try to hit you up with a ton of fund raisers.

Pretty much any neighborhood in Hendersonville is good. They are building alot of new subdivisions towards Gallatin and near the Indian Lakes shopping complex. I've lived in the peninsula between Walton Ferry and Saunders Ferry the whole time I've been here and it's a great place. The closer you live to the lake, the nicer and more expensive it will be.

Hendersonville Police take care of the community and do a great job of keeping crime out of the area. I think the only things I've heard here since I've moved here were a few house fires, a few drownings in the lake, and a few car crashes. Other then that, I haven't heard anything about burglaries, murder, rape, ect, ect.

IMHO, Even though there's nothing wrong with the areas near 386, I would look a little closer to the lake or if you're wanting to go to Beech schools, I think you'd need to live on the other side of 386 like around or past the Glenbrook Shopping Center.

I think you'll love Hendersonville.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:16 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
You might want to look at the Indian Ridge subdivision. It is on par with the others you mentioned, but in my opinion it is in a better location and is zoned for some of the best schools in Middle Tennessee: Nannie Berry Elementary; Ellis Middle; Hendersonville High.

It is less than five minutes from Vietnam Veterans off the Indian Lake exit.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM

256 posts, read 888,508 times
Drakes point is very expensive, me and my husband looked at homes there...nice, beautiful homes and it takes you no time to get to indian lake...its not too far from beech schools...

Old 05-27-2009, 02:50 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,137 times
The area behind Indian Lake has a lot of great homes both new construction and a few older (80s/90s) You will be zoned for Beech Schools and it will seem like you live in the country but you will be mere minutes from Indian Lake Shopping and 386 for Nashville access. (Jones Ln, Drakes Creek Rd, Jenkins Ln)

Long Hollow Pike also has some great areas. I recommend Somerset Downs which is a beautiful new subdivision built around a horse farm. (Long Hollow Pk, Latimer Ln, Newmans Trl, Longview Dr)

I would avoid Gene Brown and Whitten Elementary scools and maybe Walton Ferry. Brown and Walton feed to Hendersonville HS and Whitten feeds to Beech. They aren't bad schools but they don't seem to be as outstanding as Beech, Madison Creek, Anderson, Indian Lake, and Nanny Berry.

Remember that many homes in the Beech Area are not inside the city limits of Hendersonville so you will have to pay for trash service and some homes are not on sewer systems. However, you can likely expect to be incorporated into the city within the next 10 years.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM

2 posts, read 4,945 times
Thanks to everyone for the great advice!!

Old 05-28-2009, 12:54 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,887,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
I would avoid Gene Brown.
I live close to Gene Brown. They are going through a huge renovation I think they're one of the older schools in the area.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
I live close to Gene Brown. They are going through a huge renovation I think they're one of the older schools in the area.
That's good to hear. The renovations at Nannie Berry made it look really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville