Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 AM

69 posts, read 205,927 times

Advertisements

Hello all~~
I've written on a few things here in Franklin,TN and trying to gather some info. before our Big Move!!

We're from CT and have long,dark,cloudy winters and what seems this year to be a very rainy spring ( raining for past 3 weeks on and off with sun only a day or so ). Our Summers turn nice June/July and Muggy and Humid for August/September. Then we start cooling down again, so we really don't have much beach or pool weather here.

We lived in NC for a while, and noticed nothing but sunshine alot of time ( so much that they had restrictions on water ) I'm trying to find a in-between location for our family. This dark,cloudy weather begins to wear you down here in CT. and I'm afraid again of the water restrictions and high water bills to go along with it all.

Thank you for any advice to weather/climate/seasons !
Have a wonderful day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 08:35 AM

297 posts, read 1,075,440 times
Your best information would come from weather.com or similar source. On weather.com, you can get monthly temperature, precepitation, and even pollen averages.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:19 AM

957 posts, read 3,687,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad1974 View Post
Hello all~~

We're from CT and have long,dark,cloudy winters and what seems this year to be a very rainy spring ( raining for past 3 weeks on and off with sun only a day or so ).
That's exactly how last winter/spring was here. Lots and LOTS of rain this spring and not much sun last winter. The upside is that winters will be much more mild here than in CT. Last summer was great here. Very little rain to the point that they were calling it a drought. It's hard to beat New England weather when it's good, but when it's bad it's like living on the dark side of the moon. We finally got to the point where we just couldn't take the brutal cold anymore.

Weather patterns on the mid east coast and TN should be similar as far as rain. Weather patterns usually flow West to East. What ever you are seeing in CT was usually in Ohio Valley/Kentucky/Tennessee the day before. That said, we probably have a higher probability for scattered daily T-storms than you do in CT.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM

4,923 posts, read 11,141,131 times
BP300 and rossc are right--good place to check and good info on this last winter and spring.

One word to add--humidity.

Tennessee--the weather you can wear!

Old 05-29-2009, 01:07 PM

100 posts, read 325,019 times
Great slogan Skinem! LOL
We were there late August 2008 and at 7am I was standing... JUST STANDING in the yard in the sun and I felt the need to take a shower when I came in the house! LOL
I guess my move to TN would mean I should take stock in Zyrtec for my sinuses! I have sinus issues here on Long Island... I would rather have a sinus condition due to clean air humidity than the junky air here!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,263,709 times
I used to live in NY and in CT. Down here in TN, the winters are shorter and the summers are longer than up north.. You also won't get the snow you get up north. I've only had maybe 1" of snow once during the winter.

I had allergies up north and down here. The central ac definitely helps keep the air in the house clean.

People down in TN always tell me if you don't like the weather today, wait till tomorrow because it will probably change.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:14 AM

43 posts, read 148,359 times
It gets hot down here and we get our fair share of rain but winter isn't as bad.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:59 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,669,843 times
It's just as hot if not hotter here than NC. We get plenty of sunshine. Of course, thanks to our insane summers I now hate sunshine because I equate it with ridiculous heat. I love winter here and I wish it would be cloudy all summer.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 PM

213 posts, read 766,836 times
Something else to keep in mind, IMO anyway, is that the sun just feels alot hotter here than it does in the northeast. So if you are living in the NE and looking at the weather here on the computer, (as I did) thinking, okay it averages about 10 degrees warmer, not bad, but I didn't realize that the sun would feel so much hotter. I love the sun usually, and everyone has their own comfort level, but just be forewarned that a 70 degree sunny day here will definitely feel hotter than a 70 degree day does in the NE - again, my opinion. I know someone might say - duh, you are farther south - but it was something I didn't think of for TN, how strong the sun was going to be; FL, sure, but didn't realize it would feel this way in TN also. And yes, as mentioned, humidity, though when I had informally watched it, I didn't notice much difference between the NE and TN, just that there will be more days of it here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: