Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 AM

41 posts, read 134,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeez View Post
Yatheygowild,
I am interviewing on saturday; do you have any last minute tips, suggestions, etc...? I'm getting nervous about the amount of candidates that I m up against. I am interviewing for a Spanish position...
I interview tomorrow as well. Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 10:14 AM

8 posts, read 18,385 times
Hi!

Does anyone know if fellows are eligible to teach in the magnet schools?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:25 AM

41 posts, read 134,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousKicks View Post
Hi!

Does anyone know if fellows are eligible to teach in the magnet schools?
No. They go to urban, high priority schools.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 AM

8 posts, read 18,385 times
I asked the question about magnet school at the interview on Saturday and was told that there is some need for fellows in a few of those schools.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:31 AM

6 posts, read 12,045 times
I interviewed on March 6th (this past Saturday). I am sooooo beyond nervous, excited, etc to hear whether or not I have been accepted. I interviewed for an elementary position. I was wondering if anyone knows if teaching experience helps? I have been a substitute teacher for around a year for a high-need, urban school district in a really rough part of Michigan. Before that, I was a preschool teacher, but I am also a recent college grad (May, 2008). I am wondering if I am seen as inexperienced? I was hoping I would be viewed as being experienced since I attended and graduated from a high-need K-12 school district and then have experience subbing in one... but I was intimidated by the amount of career-changers with Master's degrees.

My lesson plan went well, and I tried to express my passion for teaching and improving public education, I am just uncertain of how I measure up to everyone else. I have already passed my praxis content area test, and my college GPA was 3.78. Do any of these things make a difference?

Old 03-10-2010, 06:58 PM

6 posts, read 13,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatheygowild View Post
Hey Weeez, good luck!

I would be as prepared as possible for the teaching sample. Meaning---make sure you have run through it a few times before that day. Five minutes (the amount of time each person gets) goes very quickly and the more you've practiced the more comfortable you'll feel up there and it'll be obvious that you've taken time to prepare. Plus, it's the first big thing you do on interview day so it's a great way to start off on a confident and positive note. Don't worry too much about the other people---they will all be nervous and excited like you but really, it's kinda fun meeting all the other people so just enjoy it and do the best you can.
Hey! I just signed up for this too looking for some info on the program now that I have been accepted and have decided to make the move to Nashville. Like you, it would be great to get in touch with some accepted fellows and see what they are up to or if they have any info.

I was at the first interview day as well! Remember how cold it was?[LEFT]
PS. sorry i posted this like 5 times, i cant figure out how this works!
[/LEFT]

Old 03-11-2010, 11:39 AM

43 posts, read 153,426 times
Any updates from anyone? I'm still waiting on my interview.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 PM

6 posts, read 12,045 times
No updates for me yet ......How did you all find out about your positions? Email? Snail mail? Phone? I've heard some people get phone calls so I'm afraid to turn the phone off. Le sigh! I'd just like to know one way or the other.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:43 PM

43 posts, read 153,426 times
I was under the impression that we have to interview at schools for positions, just like a certified teacher might have to. Also, I thought the hiring process occurs during the summer maybe? I am not sure the details of that, but I'm interested to know.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:42 AM

17 posts, read 40,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbo1212 View Post
Hey! I just signed up for this too looking for some info on the program now that I have been accepted and have decided to make the move to Nashville. Like you, it would be great to get in touch with some accepted fellows and see what they are up to or if they have any info.

I was at the first interview day as well! Remember how cold it was?[LEFT]
PS. sorry i posted this like 5 times, i cant figure out how this works!
[/LEFT]
Hey GBO! What will you be teaching and where are you moving from? If we can figure it out (I'm new to this site as well) maybe we can manage to message each other our email addresses. I take the Praxis II tomorrow morning---ahhh! Have you taken yours yet? Anyway, great hearing from you and yes, I remember it was literally freezing that morning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville