Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 78,471 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are planning on moving to the Nashville, TN area. All of our children are grown, so schools are not an issue. My husband will be working out of the home and I will most likely be commuting to downtown Nashville, so where would you recommend we look for a nice (newer), reasonably-priced (around $150,000) home, quiet community with an easy (around 30 mins) commute?
Thank you for any and all suggestions/advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2006, 10:50 AM
kar

179 posts, read 753,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmaya
My husband and I are planning on moving to the Nashville, TN area. All of our children are grown, so schools are not an issue. My husband will be working out of the home and I will most likely be commuting to downtown Nashville, so where would you recommend we look for a nice (newer), reasonably-priced (around $150,000) home, quiet community with an easy (around 30 mins) commute?
Thank you for any and all suggestions/advice!
Hi Karmaya,

My wife and I recently moved from Fort Myers, Florida to a small town right out side of Nashville called Fairview. Fairview is in beautiful Williamson County which is the most affluent county in the state. Fairview still has real estate that is still very affordable even though it is in the richest county. It takes about 25 to 30 minutes to get in to downtown Nashville. If you need any more information please just ask.

Last edited by kar; 07-09-2006 at 10:54 AM..

Old 07-09-2006, 11:40 AM

211 posts, read 290,379 times
Williamson County hands down. Great towns, great schools. Franklin is growing at an enormous rate.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 90,849 times
i sued to live in fort myers myself and man is it expensive to live down ther enow.. anyways i just bought a house in antioch like 10 minutes from downtown.. some parts of antioch are bad but others are not

Old 07-10-2006, 03:50 PM

11 posts, read 211,794 times
Is there anything in Antioch that is under 400K with a waterview?

Antioch looks a tiny bit inaccessible if you want to go anywhere
but downtown or out toward murfreesboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaray9273
i sued to live in fort myers myself and man is it expensive to live down ther enow.. anyways i just bought a house in antioch like 10 minutes from downtown.. some parts of antioch are bad but others are not

Old 07-10-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmyers
Is there anything in Antioch that is under 400K with a waterview?

Antioch looks a tiny bit inaccessible if you want to go anywhere
but downtown or out toward murfreesboro
I don't even think the people who live in Antioch like living there.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:35 PM

19 posts, read 240,853 times
Default Re: williamson co.

[quote=davesmyers]Ok, so it is "growing fast."

Does that mean most of the housing is new, monstrous, and overpriced, or
does that mean that the community is coming into its own?

I'm afraid you got it right the first time, Dave.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmyers
Ok, so it is "growing fast."

Does that mean most of the housing is new, monstrous, and overpriced, or
does that mean that the community is coming into its own?

Will it suck in ten years?
I don't appreciate the rudeness of your post.

Housing is much cheaper then up north and I wouldn't say they are overpriced. The county is wealthy so yes a lot of the houses are large but most are well under $400k and it's much nicer then Antioch which is a dump. I wouldn't raise my children there if I was paid.

Williamson, specifically Franklin, has grown in leaps and bounds over the past 10 years. Franklin has about 50,000 people but it's a great city. It has a just about any store you could need and a nice mall. Nashville is only a short drive away.

Old 07-10-2006, 05:54 PM

7 posts, read 100,717 times
try goodlettesville,hendersonville,mt. juliette,they are all great, and near nashville within 20 min. or less.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:56 PM

11 posts, read 211,794 times
It was a genuine question, not a smear.
I don't know the area. Yet. Shrug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLove
I don't appreciate the rudeness of your post.

Housing is much cheaper then up north and I wouldn't say they are overpriced. The county is wealthy so yes a lot of the houses are large but most are well under $400k and it's much nicer then Antioch which is a dump. I wouldn't raise my children there if I was paid.

Williamson, specifically Franklin, has grown in leaps and bounds over the past 10 years. Franklin has about 50,000 people but it's a great city. It has a just about any store you could need and a nice mall. Nashville is only a short drive away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville