Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 PM

54 posts, read 302,062 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone ,

Is anyone out there a native to/living in Franklin that can give me some information about the area? It seems like a nice cute town to live in from city-data and the chamber website. I am also going to look at the cost of living but was hoping to get input from people living there???

My husband and I do not have kids and are real outdoorsey people, we like to hike, fish, camp, etc. My husband is also really talented and one of his talents is in music along with gunsmithing. We are looking to purchase a home on some land (at least 1 acre) but affordable (around $300K or less).

We also have family in Tennessee (grandparents, and family members retiring there) so we'd like to move close by to be near them.

Thanks a bunch for any input, advice or opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 05:29 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,206,471 times
I don't live in Franklin, but I live close. Franklin is one of the nicest towns in Middle Tennessee. It's grown so much in the past thirty years that you can't hardly call it a small town anymore, but it's tried to keep its small-town charm.

The area has gotten pricey, but you should be able to find something suitable for $300K.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,574 times
Moderator cut: link

We love it here!

This is a great resource. We'll answer your questions as well as we can. Good luck!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:15 PM

156 posts, read 679,910 times
Default Franklin

I moved here from San Diego....and love it here..the only thing missing is good mexican food.. it is alittle pricey..and there are other beautiful areas around here for less...

Old 04-19-2007, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,473 times
I'm 32 now. I lived in Franklin from the time I was 7 to 25. I loved it!
It's a beautiful, friendly town I miss so much. I hope one day to move back.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 PM

7 posts, read 35,987 times
I love Franklin. It's where my parent's live. They live near Downtown & rent a house. It is about $900/month, which is really, really cheap in that area.

Where would you be moving from? There are tons of cost comparison calculators online... do a search for the cost of living calculator, and I'm sure you'll be able to find something to compare where you're from to where you're wanting to move.

You also might try looking in Spring Hill. It's still growing, so you'll get more land out there, and it's only about 10 minutes outside of Franklin.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:19 PM

34 posts, read 124,335 times
Hey Employment Guide, how sure are you about the commute time from Franklin to Spring Hill of about 10 minutes...
I read a while back in a different post that (although the distance is short: 12.8 miles in 22 minutes, on google maps for example), it becomes a nightmare during rush hour because I65 narrows down to fewer lanes within that section. So instead of 25 minutes, I have heard of 45 minutes to an hour commute.
I am not from there, so actually don't know what's more accurate. I am just trying to find out more about it.
Thanks!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Moderator cut: link

We love it here!

This is a great resource. We'll answer your questions as well as we can. Good luck!
Thanks for your response akm4, but for some reason I couldn't read or get the link, can you send it to me again?

Thanks again!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM

Thanks blueyes721, Dwana, and Employment Guide, I appreciate all of your comments/replies on Franklin! It's great to hear that it has a small town charm and is a nice area!

Employment Guide, I will also try the cost of living calculator and Spring Hill.

Are there any other nice small towns in Nashville that you all might recommend?

Thanks again for all your help and input! Have a great day!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,574 times
I can't for the life of me remember what I wrote that would be illegal! LOL!

If it comes to me, I'll be sure and PM you with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville