Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:34 AM

311 posts, read 1,376,864 times

Advertisements

I visited Nashville with my family last summer. We were very impressed with the attractiveness of the area and friendliness of the people.

The difference between Newark International Airport and Nashville International Airport is striking. Newark is a congested mess, even at 5:00 in the morning. Lifting off in the plane you see nothing but rows of houses and buildings. Landing in Nashville you are greeted by plenty of open space, green grass and trees. The airport is clean and sparsely populated (compared to Newark that is).

The Nashville Zoo is one of the finest I have visited. My daughter (3 years old) had a wonderful time and still talks about it, especially the carousel. There are many interesting museums and other attractions. I found the city to be very driveable and actually enjoyed it, something I could never say about New York City.

Consequently, we are returning again in June for another vacation. Nashville looks like a great place to raise a family as well and one I would consider should I decide to relocate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 03:04 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen1972 View Post
lol, very true! So... what did you do with all those business cards?
I took them home and;
Drew a "Wildcard" on the Back, then further classified them by Subject, eg.,
Juice/Power, Jobs, Freinds and Special Interests...

Old 04-20-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. I'm sorry the weather wasn't a little nicer. We've been having one of the strangest Aprils that I can remember.

By the way, the library here is a good one. The people working there are generally helpful and you can request anything you want over the Internet and pick it up at the nearest branch library.
Weather was fine...
I actually Like to wear a "Coat". lol

Old 04-20-2007, 03:13 PM

I'll never forget one evening, around the front of the Capitol, All the Ladies Dressed nicely(No flip-flops or T-Shirts)Going to the numerous functions...
I was "In Heaven"...

It is such a pleasure to engage people in Pleasant conversation.!
I have been Suppressing my urge for the last 4 years.

Last edited by DeLaSalle; 04-20-2007 at 03:24 PM..

Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
...I'll bet they were headed to TPAC. TPAC and the Schermerhorn are two of our favorite places. My son likes to go too. Not sure what it is....the shows, staying up late, or the cookies I buy him at intermission.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:12 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
I'll never forget one evening, around the front of the Capitol, All the Ladies Dressed nicely(No flip-flops or T-Shirts)Going to the numerous functions...
I was "In Heaven"...

It is such a pleasure to engage people in Pleasant conversation.!
I have been Suppressing my urge for the last 4 years.
I went to a Palestinian-Lebanese wedding at the Vanderbilt Hotel one time.

"Oh, looky . . . swords and guns. You don't see that enough at weddings these days."

It was a great evening until I tried to do the "line dance" with the other men. "It's what now? Step . . . step . . . stomp? Or, step . . . step . . . cross-step . . . kick?"

;-)

Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 PM

13,354 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I visited Nashville with my family last summer. We were very impressed with the attractiveness of the area and friendliness of the people.

The difference between Newark International Airport and Nashville International Airport is striking. Newark is a congested mess, even at 5:00 in the morning. Lifting off in the plane you see nothing but rows of houses and buildings. Landing in Nashville you are greeted by plenty of open space, green grass and trees. The airport is clean and sparsely populated (compared to Newark that is).

The Nashville Zoo is one of the finest I have visited. My daughter (3 years old) had a wonderful time and still talks about it, especially the carousel. There are many interesting museums and other attractions. I found the city to be very driveable and actually enjoyed it, something I could never say about New York City.

Consequently, we are returning again in June for another vacation. Nashville looks like a great place to raise a family as well and one I would consider should I decide to relocate.
I know what you mean about Newark. I fly through there quite a bit on my way to China. But I will say that it's cool to land in EWR and see Manhattan off in the distance, particularly after a 16-hour nonstop flight from China.

At any rate, I'm so glad you had a good time in Nashville, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy our capital city on future trips. Hopefully, as your daughter continues to enjoy the zoo she'll see it grow and expand. It really is a neat zoo.

Thanks for such an uplifting post.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:34 PM

23 posts, read 59,514 times
Default Wow

I really can't wait to take my trip there. This post was really nice to read.
Maybe I'll get some cards and meet some of these friendly people....ann

Old 04-22-2007, 06:36 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artzeeann View Post
I really can't wait to take my trip there. This post was really nice to read.
Maybe I'll get some cards and meet some of these friendly people....ann
Want one from a structural engineer?

;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville