Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:39 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I hope you find a house you like. I've lived in Bellevue for over twenty years.
Would you even consider using the public schools there or is it a "have to go private" situation? We are going to look at Bellevue when we are next there and it's hard to get a gage on the schools. Thanks (and sorry to hijack this thread).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 07:49 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Would you even consider using the public schools there or is it a "have to go private" situation? We are going to look at Bellevue when we are next there and it's hard to get a gage on the schools. Thanks (and sorry to hijack this thread).
The elementary schools around Bellevue are probably pretty good (I don't have kids, so I don't have any direct experience). And, I run into kids from the middle school every week when I go to the library (the library is right across from Bellevue Middle School); from what I can tell, it's probably alright too.

The older kids in Bellevue generally go to Hillwood High unless they sign up to go to one of the magnet schools. Hillwood is one of the better high schools in Nashville, but I've heard there is a small group there who cause some problems. However, it's not one of the school were you are always hearing something bad about (for example, Maplewood, Whites Creek, Strafford). I would have to research the school more if I had kids of that age. I know some people who've had kids that went to Hillwood. I could ask them for more details if that's of interest to you.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:19 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Thanks for the info Alleycat. Let me take a look around there next month before I waste your time talking to people about the schools. From what I can gather online, it looks like a great area. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Thanks for the info Alleycat. Let me take a look around there next month before I waste your time talking to people about the schools. From what I can gather online, it looks like a great area. Looking forward to seeing it in person.
I don't guess there's anything extra special about Bellevue; it's just a nice place to live for the most part.

If you get a chance, go over to Warner Parks, or take a short drive down the Natchez Trace. Montgomery Bell State Park is not too far down the road in Burns (in Dickson County).

Old 04-30-2007, 02:57 PM

63 posts, read 294,232 times
Thanks so much! I am 90% sure that we are Bellevue bound. We are coming down again Memorial Day weekend to find our house - bringing the little one with us so she can feel apart of the decision too. Whew after I saw how specific I was on the houses I wanted I am like gurl you have work to do on yours before showing - Hey great tradition TN has about the family leaving the house while the realtor shows the buyers around we were truly taken back to drive up to houses and see folks rushing to their cars and pulling out! - it was so cute! I was like they can stay if they like - So I will make sure to do that when folks come to see my place - it is a very nice courtesy

Old 04-30-2007, 04:10 PM

When you come in May and need a little break, take your little one to the Red Caboose Park. It's a fun little places for kids. We built it ourselves.

And if you see a big, tall guy going to the library up the street, that might be me.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,735 times
I am new to this forum. I live and work in North Carolina but as a child, I lived in Tennessee for 2 years. I recently went back to Middle Tennessee for a visit. I love it more than ever. I have kin in the area. I have some relatives on my father's side in Nashville while my cousin and nephew live in Murfreesboro. My nephew is a student at MTSU. I'm thinking about relocating to the area but I have a good job here in NC and other things going well for me here and at 43,I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with uprooting myself at this time. I am a quality assurance inspector with a company that works closely with the Postal Service. If anybody knows if there are similar positions open in Nashville or the surrounding area,please let me know. Thank you.

Patrick

Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 PM

37 posts, read 173,746 times
Hey!

Great News! It looks like we'll be joining you real soon down there! Can you believe it!!!???!!! I just want to thank you...for being a [color="Black"]great friend through all of this! (you know all the work stuff). I really hope that you and your family find a great place that you absolutely love.....we actually found (what I like to call) "our future rental property"...(we're buying it and...yea, we'll have to live in it for a year or so..until we find our dream house (the 10 acres with the barn...and then rent the little (no land) house out)..it's actually not a bad little place.....a brick 3 bdr on "a big" (hehe) little over an acre lot. It's funny...when I was younger...I always said that I would never even think about buying a house on anything under 10 acres. Hey, look at me now...working at the worst possible...even imaginable place in the world....and living on like 1/4 acre! But, hey, better things are coming, right!!! Maybe soon, (once we move) I would SO totally like to go back to being ME. It's been soo many years......I just keep praying........hey, even the Isrealites had to wait (but they waited a lot longer than me - hey I'd rather do 4 years then 40! I'm sorry for rambling....let me know what happens! I totally wish you and your family the VERY best of luck.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:51 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
So....you're movin here, huh?

Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM

42 posts, read 163,504 times
Default welcome

Welcome to Nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapingFaith View Post
BIG SMILE! I AM ENJOYING MYSELF! Lesson learned. 12 buffalo wings and a salad and 2 sodas in the hotel is the same price as a king crab dinner and another dinner at joes crab shack!
anyways hi ya'll doin!! I will be here until the 26th so hopefully I will see all that I came to see! Looking in Bellevue, Franklin but someone told me not to sleep on Henderville??
TALK SOON!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville