Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM

123 posts, read 355,170 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking for real estate in Murfreesboro and I normally tend to lean towards zipcodes to refer to areas that are clean, and safe.
Normally an area that you would live.

This way I can look them up when house hunting.
I am not planning to do this right away but maybe within the next year, or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:52 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post
Hi, I am looking for real estate in Murfreesboro and I normally tend to lean towards zipcodes to refer to areas that are clean, and safe.
Normally an area that you would live.

This way I can look them up when house hunting.
I am not planning to do this right away but maybe within the next year, or so.
There are nice areas in all of the Murfreesboro zip codes.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:54 AM

thank you so much Steve

Old 08-02-2009, 02:25 PM

looked up housing in the zipcodes you gave me, wow there are some cute little houses there for sale under 100,000 are they mostly fixeruppers for those prices or ready to go. I only need a one or two bedroom home. Preferably 2 ...lol.

I saw some really cute places.....one on 203 richardson ave that was adorable. Was just my size...lol.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:01 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
I really don't know much about that area. It looks like the older section of town.
If I were you I would DM a poster by the name of Mary_Moon. She knows everything about the boro. The price of that house alone would scare the heck out of me. It has also been rented for 2 years. Maybe it's in rough shape? Who knows, I could be wrong. I did a street view and they do look like cute older homes from the outside.
Sorry I wish I could help you more.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:11 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
I really don't know much about that area. It looks like the older section of town.
If I were you I would DM a poster by the name of Mary_Moon. She knows everything about the boro. The price of that house alone would scare the heck out of me. It has also been rented for 2 years. Maybe it's in rough shape? Who knows, I could be wrong. I did a street view and they do look like cute older homes from the outside.
Sorry I wish I could help you more.
At that price, I would be scared too, but I guess you never know until you see it in person. It was probably rented to college kids, since it is near MTSU, so I would be wary.

Yes, Mary_Moon would be the person to talk to!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:26 PM

764 posts, read 2,549,250 times
Thanks for the accolades, Kim and Steve. I'm far from an expert on the area but I do love M'boro and have lived here most my life. Honestly, it would be hard to narrow down a home based on zip code alone as the zips in Rutherford Co. cover quite a bit of area.

Even if you don't have kids in school, it would be a good idea to look within particular school zones when searching realtor sites. Actually, there are only a few school zones I'd avoid. M'boro is a fairly diverse town with lots of socio-economic variation in all her zip codes.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 AM

thanks for all your help you guys, it has been a tremendous help. I was wondering if you could possibly help me out with one more thing....lol.

well, first I gotta ask with the real estate so reasonable in the area shouldn't we be afraid of it skyrocketing because areas like this once become known usually do.

anyhow the question I wanted to ask is, last night I went thru the newspapers and didn't find anything at all for private rentals. Anyone have a good source for finding privately owned apartments?

I noticed the managed apartments that were reasonable were all college rentals on the apartment rental websites........gggrrr!!

Old 08-05-2009, 03:05 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post
thanks for all your help you guys, it has been a tremendous help. I was wondering if you could possibly help me out with one more thing....lol.

well, first I gotta ask with the real estate so reasonable in the area shouldn't we be afraid of it skyrocketing because areas like this once become known usually do.

anyhow the question I wanted to ask is, last night I went thru the newspapers and didn't find anything at all for private rentals. Anyone have a good source for finding privately owned apartments?

I noticed the managed apartments that were reasonable were all college rentals on the apartment rental websites........gggrrr!!
I would try Craigslist or even a realtor. Some privately held rentals are rented by real estate agents. Realtordotcom has a for rent section. You can try there too. There is also rentalsdotcom. I can't link to these sites here for obvious reasons.

Good Luck I hope you find something.

P.S. I don't expect the real estate market here to skyrocket due to the overall economy in the US. I do see a lot of movement in this area right now, some areas have increased in value and others have slipped some. I would be happy with a steady YOY appreciation. I think the days of skyrockting real estate bubbles are over everywhere, at least for now.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:11 AM

231 posts, read 869,487 times
also try RealTracs Real Estate Middle Tennessee Property Finder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville