Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 02:17 PM

123 posts, read 355,032 times

Advertisements

I have only been to Murfreesboro once and plan to go back very soon but what really hit me was what I saw.

This may sound really dumb to some folks, but I don't have kids, so I notice them alot.

I actually saw kids out on their bikes, playing on the sidewalk. Pulling wagons down the street.

I couldn't remember the last time I had seen kids do this in the city. I see kids in subdivisions playing with each other but its been forever and ever since I have seen kids pulling wagons down the street, playing on the sidewalk and riding bikes together.

I don't know it just struck me and I can't seem to get the image out of my mind, guess it was like a "leave it to beaver" kind of scenario to me......LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post
I have only been to Murfreesboro once and plan to go back very soon but what really hit me was what I saw.

This may sound really dumb to some folks, but I don't have kids, so I notice them alot.

I actually saw kids out on their bikes, playing on the sidewalk. Pulling wagons down the street.

I couldn't remember the last time I had seen kids do this in the city. I see kids in subdivisions playing with each other but its been forever and ever since I have seen kids pulling wagons down the street, playing on the sidewalk and riding bikes together.

I don't know it just struck me and I can't seem to get the image out of my mind, guess it was like a "leave it to beaver" kind of scenario to me......LOL.
It shocked me to at first. There are always kids outside playing here.
It's really not quite all that city. The boro is still pretty suburban, but the best of both worlds I suppose.

Slowes, I cannot answer your DM. It says you can't receive them.
Change your settings so I can answer your question. LOL!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 PM

hehehe, gotcha if I can figure it out.......lol Thank you Kim!

I got it, I think.....lol

Old 08-10-2009, 05:53 PM

its nice to know I am not some goofy person thinking it is cool to see kids outside playing, after all that is all we did when we were kids. Before cell phones, and xbox, and stuff.

Just the other day I asked someone at work when was the last time you saw anyone playing double dutch, gosh in my childhood, you were no body if you couldn't do double dutch...lol.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Slowes, Where are you moving from?
I came from South FL, you didn't see a lot of kids outside anymore. I think heat was the number 1 factor, but safety was a concern as well.

LOL @ your double dutch comment. You don't see a lot of kids jumping rope at all anymore, let alone Double Dutch!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Slowes,

I still cannot send to you. Try This..
Go to User Control Panel (top of page) Click on it
Edit Options(You will find it on the left side of the page) Click on it
Near the bottom it says "Enable Direct Messaging" Make sure that is checked.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Slowes - It's a beautiful sight, isn't it? Kim is right, Murfreesboro is not exactly "city".

Old 08-10-2009, 08:03 PM

634 posts, read 1,419,409 times
[quote=slowes;10211796]*****its nice to know I am not some goofy person thinking it is cool to see kids outside playing, after all that is all we did when we were kids. Before cell phones, and xbox, and stuff.*****

Amen.

And welcome to Tennessee

Old 08-11-2009, 06:43 AM

193 posts, read 512,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowes View Post

Now that is something you don't see anymore! I guess that would get stuck in my mind too. That's the kind of area I am thinking of moving into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville