Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 03:04 PM

52 posts, read 103,484 times

Advertisements

We will be in town next month on a scouting trip for retirement locations. When we've visited other towns, a local realtor has given us a short tour to give us ideas of where to concentrate our search.

I haven't really seen anything on these boards about realtors, so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction? Is it mainly the big realtors like ReMax & Coldwell Banker in Nashville, or are there local realtors around as well?

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 03:51 PM

569 posts, read 1,425,435 times
I know a few realtors...but they mostly specialize in certain areas of town. What area are focusing on?

Thanks

Old 08-16-2009, 07:45 AM

48 posts, read 160,538 times
There are several of us Realtors participating in these threads. Are you looking for a Realtor that specializes on something specific or someone who just knows Nashville fairly well? There are several major national firms represented here including ReMax, Keller Williams, Crye Leike. There are some boutique firms with local presence such as French Christianson Patterson, Zeiltlen who seem to have presence in the luxury markets. Village has a heavy presence in the Urban and historic markets and presence in Franklin. With no income tax,a healthy variety of price points on homes, and some solid retirement communties with active lifestyles, Middle TN offers some great options. I would suggest conducting a few phone interviews and picking someone that makes you feel the most comfortable has knowledge about what you are looking for or knowledge about local market conditions in Middle TN.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:47 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,280,633 times
I've pm'd you some info.

Barb

Old 08-16-2009, 11:36 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,575 times
My agent worked his butt off two years ago to get us a rental house, then roughly one year ago did it yet again to help us purchase and close on a short sale home. I cannot recommend him enough.

PM me if interested.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM

52 posts, read 103,484 times
We're looking for a realtor who knows Nashville and the surrounding areas fairly well and can point us in the right direction. Have gotten a few good leads already! As we're going to retire in a few years, we would probably want a single story home with 2-3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Trying to keep it around the $200,000 price range. Don't need lots of land, but don't want to be right on top of our neighbors either. We're spoiled by being so close to NYC and are used to having so many different options, so a small town wouldn't work for us. Nashville looks like it has the options we are looking for, so maybe something within easy driving distance. Am working on narrowing down neighborhoods and surrounding towns.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Nashville not even remotely like anything in NJ -you have some adjusting to do...I lived in nyc 22 years and now live in Lascassas and love it.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:45 PM

144 posts, read 465,716 times
It sounds like Bellevue may work for you. You should be able to find a nice home fitting your specifications in your price range. Bellevue offers easy access to Nashville/West End. There's also a great new shopping center in West Nashville called Nashville West that I go to all the time because I love Costco!

There are actual active adult/retirement communities, but the ones I am familiar with are further from town.

I've also run into many retirees (or near retirement) who have chosen to move into master planned communities which gives them residential and shopping amenities - and low maintenance lifestyles with exterior and lawn maintenance provided by the HOA. If you gave us some more information we'd really know what your needs are to determine who would be a good fit for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville