Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 AM

13 posts, read 49,011 times

Advertisements

Hi - anyone know of any home builders incentives? Particularly towards the Nolensville area? Love to get some thoughts on the market down there... good investment? will the area expand with new retail, restaurants, etc? So many new developments down there... wonder if there is a lot of inventory sitting, or if it's selling fast? thanks for your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 AM

627 posts, read 1,845,718 times
There's not as much inventory as there used to be as the builder's aren't building as many spec homes as before. I think that with the glut of houses out there, the incentives are still high. Just know that those "incentives" are just price inflation points.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM

48 posts, read 160,468 times
Hi - there is a new development coming in off Barnes Rd and the developer has knocked 15% off the prices. They are LEED pre-certified and every home will be solar ready and have many energy efficient features. The development is called Cambridge Park. In addition, there are some town home developments that are offering some discounts or upgrades. There seems to be a lot in the Lenox Village that has not been absorbed yet. THere are a few other developments planned on Barnes Rd. I like the location from the stand point that you have reasonable access to downtown easy access to Brentwood / Cool Springs, and good access to Lavergne and Murfreesboro. There are a number of developers with planned communities in a variety of price points and Lennox has offered some solid retail/dining infastructure in the area. While it has a suburban feel, it's flexibility of location is better than many of the other suburban discricts like Mt Juliet, Hendersonville, or Bellevue and the price points are generally lower. The downside is that the intersection of Old Hickory and Nolensville is very busy and there is a fair amount of traffic in the area. Some of the schools in the area are better then others so depending on the size of home, even if you don't have children that may be a consideration for resale.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 PM

161 posts, read 499,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGreenNashville View Post
Hi - there is a new development coming in off Barnes Rd and the developer has knocked 15% off the prices. They are LEED pre-certified and every home will be solar ready and have many energy efficient features. The development is called Cambridge Park. In addition, there are some town home developments that are offering some discounts or upgrades. There seems to be a lot in the Lenox Village that has not been absorbed yet. THere are a few other developments planned on Barnes Rd. I like the location from the stand point that you have reasonable access to downtown easy access to Brentwood / Cool Springs, and good access to Lavergne and Murfreesboro. There are a number of developers with planned communities in a variety of price points and Lennox has offered some solid retail/dining infastructure in the area. While it has a suburban feel, it's flexibility of location is better than many of the other suburban discricts like Mt Juliet, Hendersonville, or Bellevue and the price points are generally lower. The downside is that the intersection of Old Hickory and Nolensville is very busy and there is a fair amount of traffic in the area. Some of the schools in the area are better then others so depending on the size of home, even if you don't have children that may be a consideration for resale.
Those homes are tiny! They're a size of a condo or townhome. Is there global warming in nashville or is this an Al Gore design subdivision?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:44 AM

627 posts, read 1,845,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu41 View Post
Those homes are tiny! They're a size of a condo or townhome. Is there global warming in nashville or is this an Al Gore design subdivision?
It's what GoGreen is currently selling....

Old 08-18-2009, 08:33 AM

161 posts, read 499,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
It's what GoGreen is currently selling....
Hmmm. That explains it.

I read somewhere that Al Gore's house is being used as a power station to supply Cambridge Park. Is this true?

Last edited by fumanchu41; 08-18-2009 at 09:03 AM..

Old 08-18-2009, 08:38 PM

48 posts, read 160,468 times
Buildings make up for between 40 and 50% of the carbon emissions in the US. The general principle behind green building is building a well laid out home with efficient features that will both benefit the environment and be more cost effective and healthy for the homeowner. In general they are smaller than the McMansion concept we have all come to expect. I am very passionate about green building and promote on this website many developments and communities that I am not affiliated with. I also promote green retrofitting for current homeowners and promote businesses with these principles and I do not take money for offering up their information on my website. I am not the listing agent for Cambridge park but do have ties with the company that holds the listing which is why I know of the discounts. I realize that the size and concept of the homes is not for everyone but the question was whether we knew of incentives so I offered that up. We live in a very skeptical society for good reason but I do believe there are plenty of innovative business people out there with a desire to also work at promoting or building something that has real social relevance. GreenHomesNashville is a site dedicated to being a resource of information for anyone interested in owning a green home regardless of whether you are in the market for purchase. I am very open to feedback about the site but at least give it a look before you assume the worst : )

Old 08-18-2009, 09:11 PM

144 posts, read 465,466 times
Gypsy, what specifically are you looking for in a home? And what are you looking for size and price-wise? There are lots of builder incentives out there from paid closing costs, incentive packages to be used for upgrades, appliances or even lease buy outs, and sweat equity programs where you can paint and maybe landscape your home to earn your down payment. Every community is different, and like previously stated, there aren't many "spec" homes these days because the banks won't loan the money to do as many as they did in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville