Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 09:55 AM

59 posts, read 210,135 times

Advertisements

Need some feedback on the drive times and traffic from Mount Juliet to downtown Leave at 6:00 A:M from Mt Juliet, Leave downtown at 3:30 P:M.
Need advice on a family freindly subdivision in Wilson County close to the lake 300K to 500K range. We are an outdoor type family, fishing boating ect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 04:31 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,945 times
At those commute times, I-40 typically won't be a problem barring a big wreck. Figure 15 minutes for the I-40 drive from Old Hickory Boulevard (exit 221) to downtown, then add on how long it takes to get to I-40 on each end.

You didn't say which lake! Mt. Juliet is in between Old Hickory and Percy Priest. Most of the near-the-lake neighborhoods in that price range are toward Old Hickory. If you don't need to live right on the lake with your own dock, most everything north of Lebanon Pike (US 70) is pretty close to the water. Some of the neighborhoods I like up there with houses in that price range are Hickory Lake Farms, Langston Farms, Saundersville Pointe and Sunset Harbour.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:35 AM

162 posts, read 550,768 times
It’s worth your while to check out Fairvue Plantation in Gallatin (ex: Email Public Reports). The development is stunning and offers the only golf + lake community in Middle Tennessee. The commute adds 10 minutes or so, but at your drive times - it would be easy.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:32 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,721 times
Speaking of subdivisions and outdoor friendliness, does anybody know of any golf communities that let residents walk/bike on the paved trails? It seems like in general, you have to really look and look to find subdivisions (even non-golf) that have access to paved walking/biking trails for those of us who like those outdoor activities.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 AM

162 posts, read 550,768 times
MantaRay: all around Crockett Park in Brentwood has access to the trails system. East End, Lockland Springs, Fortland Park around Shelby Bottoms? What area of town do you have in mind?

Golf specific: Many near housing developments (Old Natchez, Temple Hills, Nashville Golf and Athletic Club, Governors Club, Fairvue Plantation) allow walking at your own risk, as a golfer - that's too much risk :-) Crockett Hills subdivision might be a match for trail access and golf...

Old 08-27-2009, 12:03 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpellatiro View Post
MantaRay: all around Crockett Park in Brentwood has access to the trails system. East End, Lockland Springs, Fortland Park around Shelby Bottoms? What area of town do you have in mind?

Golf specific: Many near housing developments (Old Natchez, Temple Hills, Nashville Golf and Athletic Club, Governors Club, Fairvue Plantation) allow walking at your own risk, as a golfer - that's too much risk :-) Crockett Hills subdivision might be a match for trail access and golf...
Thanks. Not really looking now, but just compiling a list for the future if I get the chance to move back to the ole hometown. As of this moment in time, if I were moving back, Providence in Mt. Juliet would be at the top of my list. The golf community question was just trying to find out how many ways I can get useable trails in my neighborhood. I'm not a golfer myself. The answers are a big help, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville