Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 8,777 times

Advertisements

i live in southern california, i am originally from the south. my family and i are thinking of moving to nashville and would like mor information. the area we are looking at is spring hill. i would like to how is the crime rate, employment, housing market, schools, etc. if anyone could give me any information i would greatly appreciate it.

also if spring hill isn't a good area, then please feel free to give suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,026,580 times
Spring Hill is an upscale, family-friendly and VERY fast-growing area. There is new construction going on all the time. The city is split between two counties, Williamson and Maury. Williamson is more upscale and the schools are top-notch. Maury... not so much. Most of the homes on the market in Spring Hill are very new, situated in typical subdivisions, and run in the low to mid $200's.

One warning: You didn't mention if you had a job lined up in the area, or where it's located if you do. If you're planning on commuting from Spring Hill to Nashville or even Franklin, the traffic on I-65 sucks black ass. It rivals some of the Nashville area's worst hotspots, mostly because of Spring Hill's exploding population and the fact that the interstate shrinks from four lanes to two lanes just past Franklin.

However, if you can handle a rough commute, and you're looking for a family-oriented, quiet community, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Spring Hill.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM

16 posts, read 54,980 times
It appears my husband's office will no longer be located in downtown Nashville. His office will be near the airport. My question is would Spring Hill/ Thompson Station still be too far of a commute? Does anyone know? Is the traffic congestion one of the reasons there are so many houses for sale in Spring Hill? Is Franklin really worth the extra money for houses?

Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
Depends on how much time your husband wants to spend in his car. Whats his comfort zone?

Old 05-10-2007, 08:52 AM

225 posts, read 1,143,678 times
I would suggest you look at housing in the Mt. Juliet area (Wilson County) and Murfreesboro area (Rutherford County). Both of these communities will offer excellent schools and an easy commute to the airport area. Rutherford County even has magnet schools for high achieving students. I was just told this week by a psychologist who works in the Williamson County system, that as great as the Wms Cty schools are, they do not offer the advanced magnet school programs and that is one area where their education system falls short. You will also get a lot more house for your money in these two areas. Spring Hill is a beautiful area, but I would suggest you keep your options open and consider these other areas. If you need any relocation information, please feel free to contact me through my profile and I will send you some info on the Middle TN area. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblack13xx View Post
It appears my husband's office will no longer be located in downtown Nashville. His office will be near the airport. My question is would Spring Hill/ Thompson Station still be too far of a commute? Does anyone know? Is the traffic congestion one of the reasons there are so many houses for sale in Spring Hill? Is Franklin really worth the extra money for houses?

Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 PM

16 posts, read 54,980 times
My husband commutes 40 mintues to 1 hour depending on the traffic. I guess we are looking for what everyone else wants. We want the house that is won't cost an arm and a leg in a good family oriented community with great schools.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:04 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,738,253 times
I agree with Wellkids. Mount Juliet would be an ideal commute. M'boro is farther out, but do-able. My kids are grown & out of the house, so I defer to Wellkids in regards to schools.

I live in Nashville, and work in Williamson County. The traffic coming out of Nashville going South to Williamson County every night is heavy. It might be OK at first, but after a while it would probably wear on him. I'm always thankful I'm heading into Nashville in the evening and away from it all.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,576,861 times
Mt Juliet is ideal for you. The airport area is easily reachable off the interstate and traffic is pretty easy to handle in the mornings between Mt Juliet and Donelson (airport area). Plus there are backroads he can take if traffic backs up. It's a great place w/ lots of big open lots and beautiful countryside but still has a 'metro' feel in areas due to its close proximity to Hermitage and Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville