Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 PM

164 posts, read 398,364 times

Advertisements

It is getting closer to 2010 and as we look and look at housing options I now want to consider townhouse living.

The requirements: within one hour drive of airport (BNA) and a yard/fenced area so we can have our dog safely outside. We are looking to spend under $150,000 and do not require a pool/tennis/clubhouse amenities.

Can you recommend some towns, parts of Nashville that would meet those needs?

I will be between jobs and or exploring returning to school to train in some part of the health care field. My background has been in human services and most recently as a computer classroom aide in an elementary/middle school.

My husband works for a major corp. that has an office in Nashville area but does most of his work in major cities around the country (thus the need for proximity to the airport).

We are in our 40s with no children.

Thanks for your ideas and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 12:12 AM

20 posts, read 91,167 times
Well, the want for a townhome as well as a fenced yard is a bit difficult. Townhomes often have tiny fenced-in patios - maybe 6x8 feet. Would that be acceptable?

There are single family subdivisions around town where the HOA pays for lawn maintenance, but most will be ouside your budget. Tell me, are you looking for a garage or is uncovered front/rear parking acceptable?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:40 AM

164 posts, read 398,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal20001 View Post
Well, the want for a townhome as well as a fenced yard is a bit difficult. Townhomes often have tiny fenced-in patios - maybe 6x8 feet. Would that be acceptable?

There are single family subdivisions around town where the HOA pays for lawn maintenance, but most will be ouside your budget. Tell me, are you looking for a garage or is uncovered front/rear parking acceptable?
Parking is not a major concern, garage or uncovered either is fine. We do have two cars.

The tiny fenced patio part is o.k. Just some fenced area to let the dog out. I don't like tying him out but would do that if it were allowed.

As I look, I guess we could go up to $175,00 if we had to but the idea of a low mortgage is enticing.

I have seen townhomes in Nashville, Antioch, Gallatin, Brentwood to name a few.

We are planning a visit in Feb. to experience a little southern winter and drive around the towns that we are interested in.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: