Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 PM

100 posts, read 326,346 times

Advertisements

Anyone currently living in Spence Creek? I was wondering if I could get some opinions on a few things before we buy there. Is it a bother living in the middle of a community that still has lots of construction to complete? How will the future road construction affect the community? What is the general climate of the residents in the community? Any regrets? Any input on Centex homes would be appreciated as well... Thank you in advance for your replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,257 times
I live in another Centex neighborhood and have had a great experience with them. They delivered on everything they promised and finished ahead of schedule. They also have been very easy to work with on the 2 year warranty. We like the neighborhood we're in very much. Jason Finch was our contact in our current neighborhood and I understand he's moved to Spence Creek now. He was great to work with.

Living in a community with ongoing construction hasn't been too big of an issue for us. One problem is that they won't finish paving the streets until construction is done...which could be awhile. Another is building noise...which really isn't too bad unless they're building next door or across the street from you. They start early, and are pretty noisy as you might imagine. In both cases, the issues are pretty small. I wouldn't let it deter me from buying in a new neighborhood.

There are a few downsides that I've noticed with Centex...and I imagine Spence Creek is the same way:
  • the homes are cookie-cutter, without a doubt. Certainly in the lower parts of the neighborhood, but even in the upper parts of the neighborhood the homes all look the same.
  • Centex is unwilling to budge on anything. The upgrades they offer are the only ones they offer.
  • There is very limited storage space in their homes. No attics, garages are small, even if you get the second garage option on the upper level homes. There's a reason you see most people parking in their driveway instead of inside the garages.
  • I see this as a positive...but you may not and it at least is something to consider...but they do have strict HOA rules in place. Our HOA fees are pretty sizeable, too...not sure about Spence since it's a larger community.
Feel free to send me a message if you want more specifics.

Overall, I had a great Centex experience. Some neighbors of mine did not. I think they're hard to beat both in price and service and I'd recommend them.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,257 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/nashv...33-centex.html

^ here's a link to another discussion from awhile back about Centex...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville