Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times

Advertisements

Grassland is a Franklin school- those kids go Grassland Middle- Franklin High.
Kenrose is another Brentwood school- Kenrose/Woodland/Ravenwood High

I agree, I would try to visit the schools and see which you like best. Also, which areas appeal to you the most. Sunset is new, and we have had several friends with kids there who have not been happy. They say it seems really big, and that there is lots of fundraising because it's new and has more needs. It's also really far out. I think it's technically in Nolensville, I know you past the Nolensville city limits sign before you get to it. I also think kids from Sunset have a good chance of getting rezoned to the new high school in Nolensville when it is built.

I have heard good things about all the other schools. Lipscomb has the best location & an excellent reputation, but may not have neighborhoods you like. Kenrose has a neighborhood that might appeal to you-Inglehame Farms. But Kenrose is the farthest south and not as convenient as some of the other areas. It really depends on what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 09:19 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Considering privacy as a concern- you might want to give Kenrose a good look.
There are several neighborhoods on Split Log Road that are really nice and that is very private area. Taramore is a nice neighborhood in your price range. So is Northumberland.
That area is a little less convenient, but because of that, is also more private.
You might also want to look at the house currently listed on Liberty Church Road. I know it doesn't look terribly exciting on line, but that area is gorgeous & really private, but also really convenient. Liberty Church has a section that is closed except for a nature trail. This house is close to that, and next to several spectactual custom homes. I absolutely love that area.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:36 PM

8 posts, read 28,363 times
Wow Brentwoodgirl! You seem to really understand what I am looking for.The Kenrose neighborhoods do appeal to me but I think they are a bit too far south. I also do not want to be near the likely Nolensville redistricting. I do like the pictures of a number of the houses in Lipscomb and will make sure to pick a few for our first official trip. Funny you should mention the Liberty Church house--- we stumbled on that area during our "drive around" and really liked it too. I suspect we will end up in a subdivision but I might add it to my list!

I think I will start my real search in Lipscomb, Scales, Edmondson (any other BHS feeder elementary schools I am missing?). I am still interested in Governor's Club too. My search will continue into Crockett subs. The WCS website does not have boundary maps for the elementary schools. It would be helpful to see a map overview (rather than search by address individually). Any suggestions for where I might find a boundary map? Perhaps the maps are not online because of current redistricting.

Thanks for all of your help! Is mold an issue in the area? Any other local issues I should consider (previous posts mentioned the flood plain issue--I am happy to have that info too).

Old 12-23-2009, 05:26 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selectahome View Post
Wow Brentwoodgirl! You seem to really understand what I am looking for.The Kenrose neighborhoods do appeal to me but I think they are a bit too far south. I also do not want to be near the likely Nolensville redistricting. I do like the pictures of a number of the houses in Lipscomb and will make sure to pick a few for our first official trip. Funny you should mention the Liberty Church house--- we stumbled on that area during our "drive around" and really liked it too. I suspect we will end up in a subdivision but I might add it to my list!

I think I will start my real search in Lipscomb, Scales, Edmondson (any other BHS feeder elementary schools I am missing?). I am still interested in Governor's Club too. My search will continue into Crockett subs. The WCS website does not have boundary maps for the elementary schools. It would be helpful to see a map overview (rather than search by address individually). Any suggestions for where I might find a boundary map? Perhaps the maps are not online because of current redistricting.

Thanks for all of your help! Is mold an issue in the area? Any other local issues I should consider (previous posts mentioned the flood plain issue--I am happy to have that info too).
As for other issues, just don't forget to test for radon. Easily fixed if it's high, but you'd be surprised how many people don't check.

Brentwood girl- the area where it dead ends, isn't that where Tim and Faith's old house is located? Love that area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville