Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:37 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,155,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayMove View Post
Thank you Gbone and AKM. We plan to visit. Starting a home search online sparked interest in the schools. I read that if you purchase a home is Ravenswood (and would like to stay with that HS)....you should confirm "solid zoning". For this, not be on the "Nolensville" side. Any truth to this statement? There are many great homes in Ravenswood. Can't tell which subdivision without being too familiar with the area!
MayMove, you're correct about the school. There is a new HS opening in Nolensville that some of the current Ravenwood students would be directed to.
The following subdivisions fall within your price range, are currently designated for Ravenwood, and will probably stay Ravenwood but you will need to double check with your Realtor or school system:
  • Avalon
    Oak Hall
    Raintree Forest
    Shadow Creek
    Inglehame Farms
    Brentwood Glenn
    Highland Park
    Taramore
    Ashton Park
    Northumberland
    Carronbridge

Just make sure that you check with your Realtor regarding the future school zoning for Ravenwood. They can get you the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 12:46 PM

65 posts, read 235,101 times
Thank you for the tip on Ravenwood as well as the subdivisions....

Old 01-06-2010, 01:23 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Anywhere off of Concord past Chenoweth/Edmondson Pike will take quite awhile to commute into Brentwood during morning rush hour w/ the most difficult part actually getting out of your subdivision onto Concord. I would not want to make a left onto here in the morning. Depending where exactly you are working in Brentwood (I assume the actual retail/Maryland Farms) district, I'd look in the Chenoweth/Brent Meade area or anywhere w/ easy access to Wilson Pike on either side of Concord Road.

IMO, you will be hard pressed to find a safer location than Brentwood, in the area.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:54 PM

297 posts, read 1,078,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
MayMove, you're correct about the school. There is a new HS opening in Nolensville that some of the current Ravenwood students would be directed to.
The following subdivisions fall within your price range, are currently designated for Ravenwood, and will probably stay Ravenwood but you will need to double check with your Realtor or school system:
  • Avalon
    Oak Hall
    Raintree Forest
    Shadow Creek
    Inglehame Farms
    Brentwood Glenn
    Highland Park
    Taramore
    Ashton Park
    Northumberland
    Carronbridge
From my understanding, it has not been determined yet what subdivisions would be zoned to the new Nolensville HS. I would think that any subdivision west of Nolensville Rd. would be still zoned for Ravenwood even if they are on the eastern most stretch of Brentwood limits (i.e. Willowmet, Fountainbrooke, Arlington Heights). Wouldn't everyone in Nolensville go to the new Nolensville HS, but Brentwood residents would still go to Ravenwood and Brentwood High?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:53 PM

317 posts, read 1,230,731 times
Since people have already touched on their take on the safety of the area, medical care, and schools, I won't be redundant.

I lived most of my life in the Memphis area so I can understand your concern. However, you'll find that most of Brentwood and Franklin, even in the newer subdivisions are more established or stable, rather. Sure, we've seen some builders get into trouble here just like everywhere else, but it has rarely taken a whole subdivision under here.

On the equestrian front, there are definitely equestrian facilities in Williamson County. If you're looking for an actual property that can also accommodate horses or an actual equestrian community, you price range would need to be a bit higher. There are actually numerous communities in Williamson County specifically catered to equestrian folks. There is one home I know about in a beautiful equestrian community that is partially complete but within your current price range as it is. If you could afford to buy it partially complete and have someone finish it, it would probably turn out as a nice investment. Homes in that neighborhood are usually double what this is priced.

I think there is a common misconception that most Brentwood homes are on 1 acre lots. With neighborhoods with allotted common area space, the newer subdivisions have gotten around the 1 acre requirement. Most of your neighborhoods on the West side are on 1 acre lots. However, they are generally older homes and may need more updating or are more expensive in general. There are some, to be sure, but you'll find more options in your range on the East side, many along or near Concord Road. Some of these are older styles as well (lower ceilings, not as open), but then there are plenty of newer homes on this side (most currently zoned for Ravenwood). These might be a little closer together on smaller lots though. That is the catch. You'll probably need to look house by house for the lots if you decide on a newer home. A 1/3 or 1/2 acre might work for some homes for you and not for others depending on their positioning, common area, how you feel about slopes, etc.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:27 PM

It seems Franklin is worth investigating. I mapped a few homes to the Brentwood office location as well as a stable we could use. Proximity. Was 2 mi to the stable and approx 10 mi to Brentwood.

There are a few homes in the Fieldstone gated location of Franklin that would fall in range. Could someone throw out a few other subdivisions within close proximity. Wooded lots like Fieldstone. Looking to 650 max. Would like to know more about Franklin High as well. I was not impressed with the current situation with Ravenwood. There was a debate of sorts on youtube (source) cool springs web site. Parents and admins on the zoning. Sounds messy.
Thanks!

Old 01-07-2010, 12:47 PM

2,428 posts, read 5,543,931 times
There are a lot of horse stables towards Leipers Fork and Old Hillsboro Rd.

A lot depends on where you are working, but I think I would rather live in Cottonwood than the gated section of Fieldstone Farms. You might look at Westhaven. Smaller lots but very close to the country/equestrian. (all are zoned for FHS)

Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM

Thank you Septimus. Will check it out.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Here is the Link to Westhaven. A new Harris Teiter Supermarket just opened there. It is Franklin HS which friends say is very good. Its a pretty school also with a recent renovation.

Westhaven | Franklin | Brentwood | Nashville | New Homes

Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 AM

Hi Diane,

Community looks lovley. Not knowing anyone in the area...I am certain we would be able to meet others. Only drawback, homes are on top of each other. It's still worth a look.
Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville