Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 PM

4 posts, read 7,614 times

Advertisements

Will work in Franklin, but want to find a rental place in Davidson County to save $$. Looking at some places in Davidson County near the crossings of Nolensville Pike and Old Hickory Blvd. Is this part safe? I am a single mom with 2 years old daughter. Would like to be in a neighborhood that I can walk during the day. Thank you very much for help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM

455 posts, read 1,140,250 times
What is your budget?

There are some places in Brentwood that are safe and convenient to shopping. I'm thinking like Views of Brentwood (Welcome (http://www.bpiresidential.com/ViewsofBrentwood/default.aspx - broken link)), near OHB and 65. Not sure if that is technically Davidson or Williamson County, but it would be a relatively easy shot down 65 to Franklin.

My wife and I looked at Views of Brentwood before moving to Nashville. Build quality didn't seem that great, but if you're just renting for 1-2 years, you might be OK. I recall that it seemed pretty affordable. There are a few other rental options near there and you might be able to find a condo/townhome rental through Craigslist in one of the Brentwood Pointe developments right near there too.

Or perhaps another option would be to find cheaper housing by going further south to Spring Hill. Prices look very affordable there, although honestly I've never visited so I can't say anything about walkability. I presume you mostly need to get around by car there...

Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 PM

210 posts, read 587,887 times
Nolensville Rd. and OHB is not what i would consider a great area...espically north of OHB on Nolensville. Maybe try looking a bit further down in the nippers corner area. With a 2 year old i would try to stay as west as possible from Nolensville on OHB...and i would choose old and safe over newer and sketchy anyday. It would be helpful to know your budget...so if you feel comfortable posting that i would...it would help us give you a few more options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville