Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 06:02 PM

21 posts, read 62,397 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I'm new to Nashville (live in Bellevue actually) and am looking for a variety of restaurants here.. somehow I seem to always stumble upon Mexican restaurants!! Not that I dont like mexican food, I'd like some variety... Thai? Middle eastern? Indian? Italian? etc...

Anything in the Bellevue area? from my research online, it looks like the West End Ave near Vanderbilt has a lot of restaurants. Would that area be the closest for me?

Also are there any (sports)bars or clubs in bellevue?

I love nashville so far!!! It's a great place... and the people are incredibly friendly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Hi neighbor, I live in Bellevue too.

There's not a great variety in Bellevue itself. You need to try some of the restaurants on West End, 21st Avenue/Hillsboro (there's a nice Middle Eastern restaurant there . . . but I can't remember the name offhand), and other areas. You can find just about anything here, but you have to look around a little bit. Pick up a copy of the Nashville Scene somewhere (it's free) and look at the ads and restaurant reviews in it. That would be easier than me trying to list the various places. Also, the Tennessean on Friday has a Weekend section with restaurant listings. If you want to try a new place for lunch in Bellevue, try the City Limits Cafe on Old Harding (crappy location, nice little place though), maybe Antonio's for Italian, and the restaurant up the hill from Michael's over by the Post Office (it's kind of a sports bar, kinda').

I'm glad you're finding it friendly. I noticed a post by someone earlier today who said Nashville was the most unfriendly place he'd lived.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:47 AM

21 posts, read 62,397 times
thanks alley.

Hmm.. I've never seen the City Limits Cafe. Will have to look it up. The sports bar you are referring to is Johnathan's? I did look online at their menu and they didn't have a big selection for a vegetarian.

Actually I was wondering also.. what is in the strip mall at the 70S-Hwy 100 crossing? just before 70S-Harding Pl intersection?

I plan on checking out West End ave this long weekend!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:11 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,210,133 times
Yeah, Jonathon's.

To get to the City Limits Cafe, just turn off 70S at Knollwood Apartments, go over to Old Harding, turn right and go just past the RR tracks. As I mentioned, the little strip center it's in is sort of crappy looking.

There's a few Chinese restaurants around as well. I can't give you much of a review since I'm not a big fan of Chinese and only seldom go to any of them. The Golden Dragon on White Bridge used to be nice; I'm not sure whether it's still open or not.

I think you're talking about Westgate Center at the highway split. Either that, or the one across the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville