Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
There are Brentwood and Franklin Schools, and they are seperate. [/url]

Diane G
Actually, Franklin high schools are in the same district as Brentwood- Williamson County School District. The only other district is Franklin Special, but that's only elementary schools and 1 K-8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 PM

13 posts, read 34,493 times
Can anyone recommend excellent 2 bedroom apartment complexes around the Cool Springs, Franklin, Brentwood areas? We are looking at spending no more than $900 in rent. Please feel free to recommend other towns as well. We are only familiar with the towns I mentioned but are open to other safe, nice towns. We just don't know the city that well yet, so we don't know what other towns to look into.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:45 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDiva View Post
Can anyone recommend excellent 2 bedroom apartment complexes around the Cool Springs, Franklin, Brentwood areas? We are looking at spending no more than $900 in rent. Please feel free to recommend other towns as well. We are only familiar with the towns I mentioned but are open to other safe, nice towns. We just don't know the city that well yet, so we don't know what other towns to look into.

Are you going to be commuting to and from work? If so, where will that be? What would you consider an acceptable commuting drive time? There are other towns that can be recommended, but we will need something to go on first in order to properly guide you.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:02 PM

13 posts, read 34,493 times
Thanks Steve_TN. Right now I'm just doing preliminary research on the areas because we are seriously considering moving down there. We do not have jobs in Nashville yet. I know that our jobs will definitely be a factor in deciding where we will live, in regard to what our salaries and commutes will be. I know I'm kind of putting the carriage before the horse here (anyone use that expression anymore?)...but I'm enjoying learning about the areas and wouldn't mind a heads-up about what towns to pursue and which towns to avoid. My husband and I are city people and enjoy the convenience of a town right outside of the city. We also don't have children yet, so finding an area with excellent schools is not high on our list right now, as we are just looking to rent for a year to get to know the area better in order to decide where we should eventually buy a house.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:56 AM

297 posts, read 1,078,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffDiva View Post
Check out Alara, Colonial Grand, and The Landings.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,460 times
My husband, son and I are living in Brooklyn now (and have been for the past 5 years, lived 5 years in Manhattan before that) and we are seriously considering a move to east Nashville. Seems like the vibe is similar to what we have in Brooklyn.
Plus, housing, housing housing! Incredible what you can buy!
Anyone have any info on where to buy/where to stay away from in E. Nashville?
My husband grew up in Nashville.

Old 12-14-2013, 05:40 PM

174 posts, read 181,636 times
Three years since a post, but we too are making the move to Nashville. We are going to get away from the progressives that are ruining the other areas such as my home state of NY, taxing is unbearable. People wonder why the taxes are so high and everything. It's a common trend among liberal cities.

We love the fact that Nashville snows once in a while and also the fact that many homes in the 180 200k range have nice large yards and every time I visit we love it again. Time for a nice change of pace.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:42 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
We are going to get away from the progressives that are ruining the other areas .
TN's a red state, but you DO know we're everywhere, right? After all, we had a blue governor from 2003-2011.

I hope you have a successful move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville