Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 PM

28 posts, read 92,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
1. Wyndchase Aspen Grove Apartments
2. ALARA Farms
3. Lenox Village Town Center

That would be my choice...guess you need to decide if you want to be in the Cool Springs area or closer to the Nolensville side w/ Lenox. Lenox is nice, but a few miles down the road and you get into a not too desirable area. There is much more and nicer retail, restaurants, etc with choices 1 or 2. Just my $.02...

However, if you like authentic Mexican food, the Nolensville Rd. area is a great place to be once you cross Old Hickory.

Also, traffic around the Nolensville Rd. / Old Hickory area can be horrendous. It can be heavy in Cool Springs at times, but at least there are more routes to choose from in Cool Springs and a lot of side streets and back roads to use as cut-throughs.

The Landings are older and I personally don't think they compare to Aspen Grove or Alara.
Had to come back here and tell you all that it looks like Lenox Village is out. It was first on my list but after reading so many negative comments on this board about the area down the road, I decided to narrow it down to these 3 (unless I am told of another nice area):

1. Wyndchase Aspen Grove Apartments
2. ALARA Farms- 76% favorable rating from aptratings website
3. The Landings at Brentwood

This hurts because the kitchens in the Lenox Village Towncenter apartments are SOOOO nice! That was the original selling point for me...but safety is more important. I know Lenox Village is in Nashville, but like you mentioned, a couple miles down the road is not a good area.

Last edited by blackbelt10; 02-11-2010 at 08:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 07:15 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
All three are in an unbeatable location: safe and close to everything you would need, including interstate access, with great amenities. Hope everything goes well.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
All three are in an unbeatable location: safe and close to everything you would need, including interstate access, with great amenities. Hope everything goes well.
Thank you. I just came across this apartment. Are you familiar with this one?

Carrington Hills Apts.
3750 Carothers Parkway
Frankilin, TN

Thanks you guys for answering all of my questions. Don't worry...they will end soon once I finally move. As I come across any more properties I may post them here to get your opinions.

Last edited by blackbelt10; 02-12-2010 at 10:10 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM

147 posts, read 334,416 times
I'm not familiar with those apartments as far as amenities and thins go, but anything in the Cool Springs area will be safe and convenient to pretty much any store you will need and also many restaurants. Those particular apartments are about a half a mile from interstate 65 (exit 68 I think) so they would also be convenient to Downtown Nashville. The only negative about Cool Springs is that afternoon rush hour is terrible, as well as traffic around Christmas time.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:45 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Re: Carrington Hills, if they're where I think they are, it's in a slightly more congested area two and three exits south on I-65 from the other complexes you're talking about. The I-65/Hwy 96 Franklin exit is a major commercial gateway into Franklin, and it was built up before the area had all its planning regulations that banned super tall gas station signs, etc. So to get to those you will drive past gas stations, Williamson Medical Center and car dealerships. The rush-hour traffic also gets much worse between Cool Springs Blvd. all the way to Spring Hill exit. Often bumper-to-bumper.
The Landings are accessible from either I-65 at Moores Lane, which is a major retail gateway, or Franklin Road, which is an older two-lane road from Franklin to Brentwood. They are off by themselves up a hill, near other residential. To get there from I-65, you drive past the road to the mall, CoolSprings Galleria, some gas stations and strip malls with Barnes & Noble, etc. BUSY during Christmas, but Franklin Road is kind if a back way.
Wynchase is in the middle of newer, better planned commercial, accessible via a boulevard through retail and office buildings. The Landings would be about 5 minutes to I-65, while Wynchase is probably 10-12 minutes because of stoplights. Nice, new, while Landings are older but redone.
Alara is in the middle of a boulevard that runs parallel to I-65 between the Landings exit and the Wynchase exit (Cool Springs Blvd.) It is between strip malls and office parks. The traffic around there gets busy when everyone leaves those office buildings and heads to the interstate to go home. Also newer, near stuff like small restaurants, Walgreens, Starbucks, some hotels.
Keep the questions coming if you want. I live near here so it's my turf.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 02-12-2010 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 02-13-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YallWantHam View Post
I'm not familiar with those apartments as far as amenities and thins go, but anything in the Cool Springs area will be safe and convenient to pretty much any store you will need and also many restaurants. Those particular apartments are about a half a mile from interstate 65 (exit 68 I think) so they would also be convenient to Downtown Nashville. The only negative about Cool Springs is that afternoon rush hour is terrible, as well as traffic around Christmas time.
I totally didn't think about Christmas time! Thanks for the info YallWantHam.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Re: Carrington Hills, if they're where I think they are, it's in a slightly more congested area two and three exits south on I-65 from the other complexes you're talking about. The I-65/Hwy 96 Franklin exit is a major commercial gateway into Franklin, and it was built up before the area had all its planning regulations that banned super tall gas station signs, etc. So to get to those you will drive past gas stations, Williamson Medical Center and car dealerships. The rush-hour traffic also gets much worse between Cool Springs Blvd. all the way to Spring Hill exit. Often bumper-to-bumper.
The Landings are accessible from either I-65 at Moores Lane, which is a major retail gateway, or Franklin Road, which is an older two-lane road from Franklin to Brentwood. They are off by themselves up a hill, near other residential. To get there from I-65, you drive past the road to the mall, CoolSprings Galleria, some gas stations and strip malls with Barnes & Noble, etc. BUSY during Christmas, but Franklin Road is kind if a back way.
Wynchase is in the middle of newer, better planned commercial, accessible via a boulevard through retail and office buildings. The Landings would be about 5 minutes to I-65, while Wynchase is probably 10-12 minutes because of stoplights. Nice, new, while Landings are older but redone.
Alara is in the middle of a boulevard that runs parallel to I-65 between the Landings exit and the Wynchase exit (Cool Springs Blvd.) It is between strip malls and office parks. The traffic around there gets busy when everyone leaves those office buildings and heads to the interstate to go home. Also newer, near stuff like small restaurants, Walgreens, Starbucks, some hotels.
Keep the questions coming if you want. I live near here so it's my turf.
Thank you! And thanks for all that great info. One complex that I was considering was the new 'Dwell at McEwen' that is in Franklin, but it's a little too pricey.

I also want to tell all of you that I just came across an ad on Craigslist about a new apartment complex in Gallatin, TN...north of Nashville. Anyone familiar with that area? The new complex is called 'Avondale at Kennesaw Farms.' Their prices are really good and the apartments are new. I'm just not familiar with that area.

Cool Springs area is still at the top of my list, but I want to check all avenues before deciding a final location. I've come a long way from when I initially created this thread. My mind was just set on Brentwood, but not anymore (except for The Landings)...thanks to all of the great advice and info from all of you. Brentwood is still nice but I like the Cool Springs location better...for now.

Links for reference:

Welcome to Dwell at McEwen // Luxury Apartments in Cool Springs, Franklin, Tennessee
Gallatin Apartments | Avondale at Kennesaw Farms Apartments

Last edited by blackbelt10; 02-14-2010 at 12:07 AM..

Old 02-14-2010, 10:37 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,742,391 times
Gallatin is nice, Hendersonville is very nice as well.

If you will be working on the North side of Nashville, Hendersonville would be a great place for you to live.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 6,332 times
I got the idea looking at Dwell at McEwen that's it's centered in a more business/downtown-ish area with parking possibly being an issue?? The units look really good on the web, very modern. I live in San Diego now and this building, in some ways, reminds me of the highrise condos in downtown San Diego with lots of nightlife and restaurants around them. Is that what Dwell it like?? I'm retiring, don't have to worry about traffic issue where I move and not looking for much in the way of nightlife.LOL

Old 02-14-2010, 01:22 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbelt10 View Post
Thank you! And thanks for all that great info. One complex that I was considering was the new 'Dwell at McEwen' that is in Franklin, but it's a little too pricey.

I also want to tell all of you that I just came across an ad on Craigslist about a new apartment complex in Gallatin, TN...north of Nashville. Anyone familiar with that area? The new complex is called 'Avondale at Kennesaw Farms.' Their prices are really good and the apartments are new. I'm just not familiar with that area.

Cool Springs area is still at the top of my list, but I want to check all avenues before deciding a final location. I've come a long way from when I initially created this thread. My mind was just set on Brentwood, but not anymore (except for The Landings)...thanks to all of the great advice and info from all of you. Brentwood is still nice but I like the Cool Springs location better...for now.

Links for reference:

Welcome to Dwell at McEwen // Luxury Apartments in Cool Springs, Franklin, Tennessee
Gallatin Apartments | Avondale at Kennesaw Farms Apartments
Avondale is very nice. It's part of a master planned community with Apartments, homes, townhomes, retail, and office space. It's very close to the Hendersonville/Gallatin bypass which connects to I-65. It's right across the street from Publix and a New Kroger Marketplace. It's near lakeside parks and Mountain Bike trails as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville