Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 AM

13 posts, read 35,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz83 View Post
The new city center will be on the SE corner of E Division and Mt Juliet Rd, just south of the train station. Preliminary plans have been approved.

See pages 5 and 15 here:
Chronicle 1-27-10 Edition

There will likely be a new city hall, and mixed use developments. It will have more of an "old" town feel. IMO this is something that the area lacks, and will benefit greatly from.

Excellent, thanks for the info...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 09:57 AM

865 posts, read 2,431,128 times
Thanks everyone! That's some great info~just what I was looking for!

Old 01-28-2010, 12:57 PM

3 posts, read 7,151 times
Originally Posted by tabbva [URL="//www.city-data.com/forum/nashville/876544-mt-juliet-hville-mboro-franklin.html#post12618768"]//pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
I'm glad you're leaning towards MJ, of course, that's because I live there! I think each area is different.
Mount Juliet: Very conservative but welcoming. So many people have moved here over the last few years that you're likely to live on a street with people from all over the country. Very suburban, though we are getting a good shopping core near the main interstate exit, talk of a new city center in the middle of town, and plans for a big corporate/buisness complex on the east side of town. And yes, driving with the sun on your back to and from work is wonderful!
As far as schools, Lakeview has the most money and parental support. After that I'd go with MJ, it was decent when we moved to town but with the elementary school, the overcrowding problems are gone. Then Elizie Patton (the new school in the old MJMS building) and Stoner Creek seem to be about even. Then you have Rutland, West and Wright, which are all good but just not as good as the others. As far as the city of MJ goes, my only complaint is the lack of parks (we have 1 real park for the whole city).
Hendersonville: It's like Mt. Juliet, but more grown up. It's bigger and has more of everything, including more lake access and more public parks. If my originial job hadn't been in southeast Nashville we very well could have ended up here. In fact, some good friends moved from MJ to Hendersonville last year (to be closer to his work) and they love it.
Murfreesboro: The biggest city out of all of these. MTSU has a big presence, but the city is not defined by it. Schools are good, but probably below the other 3 locations.
Franklin: Much more upscale and some trendy areas. Prices to match, but the best public schools and easy access to parks and shopping.

just to piggy back off this... hendersonville is AWESOME. lol.. it really does have everything mt juliet has, then some. ease of access to lake.. new/old shopping... 10-15 minutes from downtown. suburb/country mixture. next to no crime.. great schools.. tons of shopping.. super nice townies. i work by the airport at Dell on the other side of the city and it only takes me about 30 min to get there. it really is a great place. at least look at some properties. good luck with the decision making!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiRB View Post
Originally Posted by tabbva
I'm glad you're leaning towards MJ, of course, that's because I live there! I think each area is different.
Mount Juliet: Very conservative but welcoming. So many people have moved here over the last few years that you're likely to live on a street with people from all over the country. Very suburban, though we are getting a good shopping core near the main interstate exit, talk of a new city center in the middle of town, and plans for a big corporate/buisness complex on the east side of town. And yes, driving with the sun on your back to and from work is wonderful!
As far as schools, Lakeview has the most money and parental support. After that I'd go with MJ, it was decent when we moved to town but with the elementary school, the overcrowding problems are gone. Then Elizie Patton (the new school in the old MJMS building) and Stoner Creek seem to be about even. Then you have Rutland, West and Wright, which are all good but just not as good as the others. As far as the city of MJ goes, my only complaint is the lack of parks (we have 1 real park for the whole city).
Hendersonville: It's like Mt. Juliet, but more grown up. It's bigger and has more of everything, including more lake access and more public parks. If my originial job hadn't been in southeast Nashville we very well could have ended up here. In fact, some good friends moved from MJ to Hendersonville last year (to be closer to his work) and they love it.
Murfreesboro: The biggest city out of all of these. MTSU has a big presence, but the city is not defined by it. Schools are good, but probably below the other 3 locations.
Franklin: Much more upscale and some trendy areas. Prices to match, but the best public schools and easy access to parks and shopping.

just to piggy back off this... hendersonville is AWESOME. lol.. it really does have everything mt juliet has, then some. ease of access to lake.. new/old shopping... 10-15 minutes from downtown. suburb/country mixture. next to no crime.. great schools.. tons of shopping.. super nice townies. i work by the airport at Dell on the other side of the city and it only takes me about 30 min to get there. it really is a great place. at least look at some properties. good luck with the decision making!
Thanks! Seems like everyone who lives in Hendersonville just loves it. I will definately check it out.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,623,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgfurman View Post
Thanks! Seems like everyone who lives in Hendersonville just loves it. I will definately check it out.

I would be sure to check out all 4. We all have different tastes and what is one person's paradise could be another's hell.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I would be sure to check out all 4. We all have different tastes and what is one person's paradise could be another's hell.
Absolutely. I live in Mt. Juliet (and Stoner Creek Elementary is tremendous), but we do plenty of cruising on weekends and I'd be perfectly happy in any of the areas the OP is looking at.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:56 AM

Have no fear, I will be sure to check out ALL of those areas!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:39 PM

225 posts, read 585,867 times
Default One of the best statements every on this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post

Steve, this statement has got to be one of the most reasonable and objective statements made on this website. I know we "love" our areas and such and this statement couldn't have been stated any better.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 AM

34 posts, read 61,164 times
Franklin and Check out Carrington Hills =)

Old 02-16-2010, 09:40 PM

25 posts, read 53,150 times
My husband works right downtown Nashville as well and the great thing is he can also take the train. He takes it quite often but even if he drives it is only about 30 minutes in rush hour but we live closer to the Hermitage exit rather than Mt. Juliet exit --- Mount Juliet road is an absolute NIGHTMARE right now and am glad I do not have to drive that road everyday. There is lots of construction, I am assuming they are widening it?
Good Luck,
Tam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville