Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,236 times

Advertisements

Anyone who lives around Nashville/Franklin/Lebanon knows about the coyote problem here. I'm sure you've heard a story about someones small dog becoming a snack, or the loss that goat/chicken/cow farmers suffer all the time from these ruthless animals. We have an overwhelming population of coyotes, and coydogs. Coydogs are coyotes that breed with stray dogs (they often will pack together) and the resulting coydog is less fearful and more aggressive than a coyote, often the one that will not be fearful of humans. These guys are even worse.
These animals need serious population control which is why Tennessee has an all-year open season on coyotes, and hunting is encouraged.
I am an experienced, responsible hunter that is looking for property to hunt coyotes on. I am very safety concious and safety is always my #1 priority when hunting. The hunting is simple, humane, and safe. I use a call to lure the animals in to the hunting location, shoot them with a rifle and dispose of them. I always am in contact with the landowner when hunting so they are aware I would be there. The area for hunting needs to be in a location that is safe and legal to shoot- a farm or large field is best, although wooded hunting is also good. I will travel up to 45 min from Nashville.
I am respectful, responsible and also important I am humane. I also have a respect for the wildlife and conservation of these great resources we have.
I am sorry for the long post but I always get people who reply and are negative about hunting in general. They do not understand its purpose and the necessity for it. So if you are this person please also respect my opinion and rights, and just refrain from being negative.
Please contact me if you have an area that you'd be interested in having me hunt coyotes. I would schedule a time we could meet in person, and you can make a decision once you're comfortable. Absolutely no-pressure. But I am a nice guy! mike39472@yahoo.com Thanks! Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 05:22 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,335,524 times
Coyotes are a problem everywhere it seems. Michigan's deer hunting season numbers were way down and a large part is due to the high coyote population. They took the bounty off coyote awhile back and now they're reproducing like crazy.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Well, I don't live in TN yet, but I support you 100%. I live in L.A. and we have A LOT of coyotes. My aunt and uncle's cat was taken from their backyard by a coyote and numerous neighbors have their small dogs and cats taken from their yards. It's really heartbreaking. Thank you for helping!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: