Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 05:30 PM

17 posts, read 66,142 times

Advertisements

My husband is in the military, and we have lived in Clarksville for 4 years now. I have 3 small children and we live off exit 1 in the Hazelwood Subdivision. It is very safe. We have no problems with crime and it is very convenient to everything. My son goes to a private christian school in Hopkinsville since he was 3 and I highly recommend it. It is about a 20 min commute but well worth it! Personally, I think any home off exit 1 you would be very happy with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 11:08 PM

3 posts, read 14,126 times
Default History

My son and his family moved here 4 years ago. They built a home in Hazelwood just off exit 1, have been in their home almost 3 yr and they are very happy. They have 3 children, 5yr 3yr, and 1yr. I bought a home in Hazelwood too. I love it here and enjoy being so close to theater, shopping, and the highway 24. Places to eat?...Greek resturant, coffee shop, pizza, and Cheesburger Charlies just to name a few, has a real small town feel with all the family owned businesses. Thank goodness the new road construction is just about complete...

Old 12-02-2007, 12:13 PM

6 posts, read 11,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
Tennessee doesn't have an income tax but if your husband is working in Kentucky you might lose that benefit. Clarksville has higher sales taxes and more items are taxed.

I read on the TN GOV site that there is a 6% income tax, is that correct? Anyone know what income tax is in KY?

The company is in KY, but he will be working all over and between SW KY and NW TN, hmm wondering how that will work?

We are looking in the Rossview/Richview school district. How do I find out where I-24 exit numbers are? Any tips on a map with the exits numbered?

Thanks for the help!

Old 12-02-2007, 12:32 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel23 View Post
I read on the TN GOV site that there is a 6% income tax, is that correct? Anyone know what income tax is in KY?

The company is in KY, but he will be working all over and between SW KY and NW TN, hmm wondering how that will work?

We are looking in the Rossview/Richview school district. How do I find out where I-24 exit numbers are? Any tips on a map with the exits numbered?

Thanks for the help!
He would probably have to pay Kentucky state income tax if the company is in Kentucky and he's working out of a main office.

Rossview Road is exit 11. Google Maps show the exit numbers (assuming you've zoomed in close enough).

Old 12-02-2007, 12:48 PM

29 posts, read 86,387 times
I moved here from Boston about 10 years ago. Some people have no clue when they speak about crime. I've never felt fearful for my life or endangered in all that time. Clarksville is a nice and affordable place to live. The crime has nothing to do with Fort Campbell. It's young punk kids that aren't raised right. Crime can happen anywhere. The traffic is bad but with most of the soldiers deployed and construction almost complete in some areas, it shouldn't be that much of an issue...at least not right now.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:38 PM

7 posts, read 25,709 times
I posted this on another forum, but I thought it might be helpful if you are looking for a place that is convenient to Clarksville, since it is 20 min. from Exit 1. There is very, very little crime, too. If you look at Oak Grove, you might as well look at Pleasant View.

Pleasant View is a nice town with a short commute into Nashville or the surrounding suburbs via I-24. The Briley Parkway is now finished, which allows a decent commute to areas east and south of Nashville, if you want to avoid downtown. I-24 north of Nashville gets fairly busy, but should be widened in the next 10-15 years.

While the town is small at about 4,000 people, it has grown by about 2,000 in the last 10 years. The people are nice, there are good schools, and there is relatively affordable housing if you have two incomes. We have moved here
in the past year, and really like it.

As far as amenities go, Pleasant View has about 5-6 restaurants, and is getting more, several very nice subdivisions, and a development called Pleasant View Village, which you have to check out. The downtown area has some neat stores - the Livery Stables Antiques, Blue Springs Gifts, and the Essence Oasis Day Spa. A new home decor and gift store called Pleasant Home just opened up, and my wife loves it. She did a lot of her Christmas shopping there.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:30 PM

4 posts, read 14,013 times
Just moved from fort campbell about 2 months ago. I spent 12 years there, so i know a lot about the city. to give you the low down about the place, stay away from oak grove, ky. it's a tiny podunk town that borders clarksville/fort campbell. i used to live there also (that was about 5 yrs ago, since then they've built a walmart and have some shopping centers, but it's still pretty ghetto). In clarksville stay away from anywhere near 41A (area closest to fort campbell). We actually lived off of 101st parkway in an area called creekwood, it was in the middle of the city but it was so quiet. that is one place i would look into living. but from what i have seen the most sought after area is sango (exit 11) it's more country living out there, but it's really grown. that's where majority of the new businesses and stuff are moving to. I have a girlfriend that lives in sango and she absolutely loves it.
i hope that helps and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,839 times
Default Relocating to Clarksville

Ok, I have read all the post here and still have questions. My daughter & I will be relocating to the Clarksville area for 2 years in June/July of 2009 with my husband following in March of 2010. I am looking to enroll our daughter in the new Middle College High School which will be on the APSU campus. Any insite on this school? Any "good" areas to rent an apartment, townhouse, condo or house in area close to the campus, but not infested with college kids? Would really appreciate any and all input.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake lady 2 View Post
Ok, I have read all the post here and still have questions. My daughter & I will be relocating to the Clarksville area for 2 years in June/July of 2009 with my husband following in March of 2010. I am looking to enroll our daughter in the new Middle College High School which will be on the APSU campus. Any insite on this school? Any "good" areas to rent an apartment, townhouse, condo or house in area close to the campus, but not infested with college kids? Would really appreciate any and all input.
I would suggest looking on the east side of town and avoiding the St. Bethlehem or New Providence areas. Sorry, I don't know anything about the middle school so I don't know what areas are zoned for that school and which ones aren't. The middle school near Clarksville High School is probably okay too.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 AM

3 posts, read 6,839 times
alleycat, Thanks for the heads up.
Seemed to be a misunderstanding, I am not looking for Middle Schools. I have been informed that the Clarksville School System is opening a new High School (Middle College High School) on the campus of Austin Peay University. I am very interested in finding information about the school and any recommended rental places (apts. or houses) within 10 - 20 mins. of the university.

We are traveling to Clarksville Area Next week to check things out.

Any one else go any

Last edited by cake lady 2; 03-17-2008 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Wrong School System
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville