Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM

17 posts, read 47,029 times

Advertisements

I want to start my own business and wondered if carts were allowed to sell hot food or retail products within the city limits? I've looked at the City of Nashville site and have found anything definitive yet.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 03:45 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Yeah, they have them downtown, especially around the lower Broad and Riverfront Park area.

There was some kind of debate about them two or three years ago. As I recall, some of the local merchants/restaurants didn't like the carts selling the same items right out in front of their stores (which I can understand).

I don't remember the exact outcome but I believe everyone came to an understanding. I can't really tell you much more since I'm not involved with this type of operation.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:39 AM

64 posts, read 320,820 times
You have to be licensed -- is all I know.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,937 times
sorry this is a few years later but never heard a definitive answer, i to am interested in operating a catering truck in Nashville, they seem to do well in other cities,but i don't see any here except stationary taco trucks.with a full service kitchin truck are you allowed to operate on the streets of nashville

Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 AM

597 posts, read 2,107,957 times
I'm guessing calling the Food Division of the Metro Health Department will get you some answers. I worked for them years ago and they seemed well versed on anything to do with food. They would be licensed and inspected so I'm sure those guys can help you out.

And believe me, the hot dogs at Home Depot served up by the freestanding vendors are delicious (even at 9 a.m.) I'm sure you're asking about something other than that, but in principle, it's a related venture, so it seems they are allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville