Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:36 PM

47 posts, read 168,433 times

Advertisements

[quote=TNNative;885208]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

White House or Springfield would be a beast of a commute. You're looking at a solid hour to downtown Nashville.

I beg to differ. Left my house at 6:00 this morning and was at the Nashville airport at 6:31 this morning. Had it on cruise the whole way doing the speed limit. Now on the way back, as I was cruising northbound at 7:00 it was a whole different story on the southbound side. Traffic was backed up from Long Hollow Pike (Exit 97) to the bottom of the ridge (almost Exit 104) because a rollback wrecker had run off into the trees in front of the old Oscar Mayer plant. He was totally off the road....and the backup was from rubbernecking.

However, I stopped and had breakfast on Donelson Pike after leaving the airport, and was back at the White House exit by 7:20 (of course Millersville finest was waiting in the median). It's a flip of the coin on what day and what time of day backups occur. From my understanding yesterday's traffic was a nightmare on all points, even in Hendersonville.
WOW TNNative,
That sounds like good timing for that ride..not at all what most posters have said from 'way up there' in Whitehouse to Nashville. Planning on taking the ride myself when I come down in July to scope the area and clock it. Thanks for the input!

Have a blessed one,
peace to you,
Optimum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2007, 08:40 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,172,828 times
[quote=Optimum;893832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNNative View Post
WOW TNNative,
That sounds like good timing for that ride..not at all what most posters have said from 'way up there' in Whitehouse to Nashville. Planning on taking the ride myself when I come down in July to scope the area and clock it. Thanks for the input!

Have a blessed one,
peace to you,
Optimum
People often ask about commute time, and we try to give them a reasonable answer. But, really, someone would have to know the exact start and end point and what time they're going, then pick out an average. For example, I live in Bellevue and work in MetroCenter. I leave home early so I can get from my house to the office in almost exactly 20 minutes (not exactly driving the posted speed limit). However, if I left home at 7:45, I could add ten to fifteen minutes to that time. Also, sometime people refer to an area when they mean "the general area". For example, some people say Springfield when what they really mean is Robertson County. The commute from the south edge of Springfield or the southern part of Robertson County to downtown Nashville is about 40 minutes; add ten to fifteen minutes or more if you're coming from further north in the county. I used to drive from the east side of Clarksville to downtown Nashville in just about an hour . . . assuming the Trinity Lane area wasn't a bottleneck.

In any event, I hope you enjoy your visit in July, and you find what you're looking for.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:57 AM

[quote=alleycat;894198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
People often ask about commute time, and we try to give them a reasonable answer. But, really, someone would have to know the exact start and end point and what time they're going, then pick out an average. For example, I live in Bellevue and work in MetroCenter. I leave home early so I can get from my house to the office in almost exactly 20 minutes (not exactly driving the posted speed limit). However, if I left home at 7:45, I could add ten to fifteen minutes to that time. Also, sometime people refer to an area when they mean "the general area". For example, some people say Springfield when what they really mean is Robertson County. The commute from the south edge of Springfield or the southern part of Robertson County to downtown Nashville is about 40 minutes; add ten to fifteen minutes or more if you're coming from further north in the county. I used to drive from the east side of Clarksville to downtown Nashville in just about an hour . . . assuming the Trinity Lane area wasn't a bottleneck.

In any event, I hope you enjoy your visit in July, and you find what you're looking for.
Thanks Alleycat,
Sounds like those math problems that every one just loved...LOL...If a train leaves the station at 7:23 and a cow was crossing the track......how much milk will the cow produce on a rainy day....LOL Just funning!!

Really, I will take the ride . I appreciate all your input. You had mentioned before that Bellvue may be a place that would suit my needs. Does Bellvue have a local paper? Are there certain areas in Bellvue that you would suggest?

Your are a blessing here on this forum. I have learned much from your posts. Thanks for being a great help.

big bunches of blessings,
Optimum

Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 PM

6 posts, read 26,849 times
Quote:
Starting Over and wondering if Nashville is the best place for me? ( I am in PA currently) I feel a calling to go to Nashville (visited for GMA conferences last year) and have been doing lots of internet research on different areas but feeling it best to hear from people here. I've research over the internet all around the city(N,E,S,W burbs) and have found a place between Whitehouse and Springfield ...what do ya think about this area?(north of Nashville 30 miles). Looks like great country. I ride bike and have 2 dogs. I am a single Christian woman (hoping to meet a Real Godly Man for this next stage of my life) I am 40-something and wonder if this area is too far out to meet people? How long will it take to the city? and is this a good place to start over? Looking for friends, christian musicians, and cycling friends. It's not easy starting over , having a bit of a time, but I do know it will be all right, just wondering if TN is the best choice. Have lots of applications for employment in Nashville but no bites at this time.

Any one have an opinion to help me in this quandry? (Sounds like a loaded questoin...lol) WIll appreciate any answers, suggestions, etc. Thanks for reading.

peace to you,
Optimum
TN IS NOT THE PLACE TO MOVE. OPEN DRUG TRAFFICING, PROSTITION, SHOOTINGS, BURGLARIES ETC DAILY.
THIS PLACE IS LIKE LIVING IN HELL UNLESS YOU APPRECIATE THE ABOVE. I WOULD SUGGEST ANY PLACE OTHER THAN TN.

RANKED #7 FOR THE WORST VIOLENT CRIMES IN THE US FOR A CITY OF IT'S SIZE. WORST HEALTH CARE AND SCHOOLS ALSO. PRETTY YES, BUT NOT THE PLACE TO MOVE.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:13 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,818,484 times
Aw, Crack. You don't really mean it do you. I think you left some of the bad stuff out. Go on tell them how bad it really is.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,799,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Aw, Crack. You don't really mean it do you. I think you left some of the bad stuff out. Go on tell them how bad it really is.
He forgot to mention the 1950's trailers in every lot, in every city of the state, junk cars up on blocks in every weed filled yard, hound dawgs howling and scratchin' on the front porch, fat women wearing ripped stained Harley cut-off t-shirts to show their belly and their spandex pants with runners on them, bursting from the strain of trying to hold the blubber together, toothless men, smoking unfiltered Camel cigarettes, their pants just about falling off their skinny butts. No jobs, moonshine stills & meth the major industry of the area....

Hey....wait a minute! I've just described Fayette County PA!!!!

blessings, Shen

Old 06-19-2007, 08:53 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,172,828 times
Quote:
Thanks Alleycat,
Sounds like those math problems that every one just loved...LOL...If a train leaves the station at 7:23 and a cow was crossing the track......how much milk will the cow produce on a rainy day....LOL Just funning!!

Really, I will take the ride . I appreciate all your input. You had mentioned before that Bellvue may be a place that would suit my needs. Does Bellvue have a local paper? Are there certain areas in Bellvue that you would suggest?

Your are a blessing here on this forum. I have learned much from your posts. Thanks for being a great help.

big bunches of blessings,
Optimum
Sorry, Optimum, I didn't see your post until this evening.

Bellevue has a little local freebie paper called The Westview. It has little snippets about local news and people. It's more than a "shopper" type of paper, but less than a traditional newspaper.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:33 PM

Good to see that there is humor in TN and the outreaches of the Galaxy!!!!!

Crackcity: More reason to come and lend a hand to redirect all the waywardness!! Do something good with all that energy....tee hee....Smile!!

ShadowWalker: Good one!!

Shenandoah: You should write for TV for a living... nice descriptions...I think I have seen that somewhere ...lol....btw...Stand by me is one of my favorites(especially on rainy days) seen it 10's of 10 times and we have the same hero(high five)!!!!

Alleycat: thanks for getting back to me on that. WIll look for it. Looking forward to actually see all I can see!!

Hope all is well with everyone. Thanks for the inputs!!
Blessings of peace, Optimum

Old 06-28-2007, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,535 times
Optimum,

I live in White House, TN and personally I really like it. I grew up in Hendersonville but when I got married several years ago we moved to White House because it was less expensive. Once you get out of the small city area of White House there is pretty much land everywhere or atleast north and west. I don't mean farm land everywhere but there are houses on 1+ acres. It really depends on what you are looking to spend. Between Springfield and White House there is a lot of land and also north of White House is Crossplains or Orlinda.

When I lived in Hendersonville I could leave my house and be parked at my job in downtown Nashville in 22 minutes. When I worked downtown and lived in White House it took me 30-35 minutes to be downtown. I will say that when I lived in Hendersonville I was pretty close to Vietnam Vets Bypass and that makes a difference.

White House is growing but it is not a huge town. Our biggest excitement right now is that Walmart is being built and there have been talks of building a YMCA. It has a beautiful greenway that when finished should be 5 miles long. Right now it is around 3-4. You can take your dogs on the trail as well as ride bikes and rollerblading. It is in the woods but also right in town and when the leaves turn in the fall it is beautiful. I have seen deer and squirels while walking on the trail. I know I have gone on-and-on about it but I think it is one of the best things about White House. Now Hendersonville on the other hand is crazy. In the Nashville Business Journal they said that within 10 years Hendersonville will be bigger than Cool Springs. There is development everywhere and this also extends into Gallatin. Don't get me wrong Hendersonville is a very nice place to live. I grew up in Hendersonville and I go to Hendersonville all the time. It is the best place to do all of your running around. They have Target, Kohls, Super Walmart, lots of Restaurants, churches, movies, etc. but personally I like living in White House because it is much quieter and Hendersonville is only 15 minutes away and Downtown is only 35 minutes away.

I don't know if I can really can't help you with the Christian music thing. I go to church in Gallatin, which borders Hendersonville. There are people who are in the Christian music industry that go there. I really don't want to name drop because I think that would be inappropriate but I do go to an awesome church and when you come and visit I would love to invite you. We have a fired up pastor who preaches the Word. I know it is really sad that I have to say that but so many churches don't these days. They preach life and slip Jesus in here and there. Anyway, I would love for you to stop by. College Heights Baptist Church - 2100 Nashville Pike - Gallatin, TN 37066 - (615) 452-4952 Sunday service is at 10:30 and 6:00.

I hope this helps and good luck with finding the best spot for you.

God Bless

Old 06-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Hi buttercup29,

Glad you found the forums. You can go to your 'my settings' and then you can get notices to the threads that you post on (just in case you don't know yet) Your post is very helpful in many ways. I will pm you. I will be down soon to the area and might be looking at a place in the White House area. I was going to take a ride up there anyway. I am not buying at this time. I need a place to rent and I have 2 big girl dogs. Having a bit of a time at it...but hoping my visit with shed light and a big neon sign will help too "THIS WAY"...lol

I appreciate all that info.
Thanks and blessings to you too :-)
peace,
Optimum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville