Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 AM

40 posts, read 111,898 times

Advertisements

Depending on how much more downhill our other choices go, We might be moving to TN. (also depending on work as well but ive already looked all the good stuff up) Weve been through and around TN for a while, and its beautiful, but i cant seem to find out some of the good spots to be so i decided to make this post.

So If all goes well, wed be around Murf for a job. I however hate living anywhere near city life. so id like to live near a small town around 30 mins away from Murf give or take. (driving to work that far away isnt much of a problem for us as we both grew up doing so) I was told by a friend of mine that Bell Buckle seems to be for us, though id like to find out if there are any other small towns i skipped over.

Wed be hoping for at least 5 acres somewhat close to the mtns (as close as possible) with the least neighbors close to us as possible, our price limit is 300k. (thats pushing it)

Any info would be appreciated, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
I've only been through Bell Buckle once or twice, but since no one's responded to you yet, I'll take a stab at it.

Alternatives to Bell Buckle might be Christiana or Readyville. Both are a little closer to Murfreesboro but still are distinct enough to be "small towns". I don't think you'd have a problem finding a decent amount of acreage down there since it's a mainly rural area, but I'm not familiar enough with the area to really comment.

In that area southeast of Murfreesboro you're starting to get in the foothills of the Cumberland Plateau, but nothing that I'd call "close to the mtns". The Smokies are close (3-4 hours tops) but not THAT close. The South Cumberland Rec Area is around McMinnville to the East and is pristine...lots of cliffs/vistas, and to the southeast down I 24 is Monteagle which is also very scenic. So you'd have plenty of mountain-like areas without going all the way to the Smokies.

Good luck and I hope some of the Rutherford County/Murfreesboro folks will weigh in and give you some better info.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 PM

40 posts, read 111,898 times
Ty doncorleone, i know around there isnt anything like the mountains but a few locals there that i know of consider them to be so i figured itd be easier to say mtns.. hills, rocky areas higher than sea level.. lol.

I will be sure to check out christiana and readyville next time i stop in, thanks again!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:44 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
Ty doncorleone, i know around there isnt anything like the mountains but a few locals there that i know of consider them to be so i figured itd be easier to say mtns.. hills, rocky areas higher than sea level.. lol.
I hear you. I'm sure the folks out west would argue the Smokies are nothing more than small hills.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,960,571 times
Woodbury might also be something to look into. It is very hilly and pretty. I'm sure you could get 5 acres there without a problem. It is a pretty rural area. Christiana like DC said, is also a good choice. There is also Lascassass, Rockvale and Eagleville. Not really hilly areas though. I do know someone that lives in Woodbury and loves it.

I hope you find what you're looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville