Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,464 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Brentwood from Boston in a few months. We are looking for a place that offers yoga classes for children (specifically, 9-year-olds!) We are seeking a place with "real" classes. In other words, classes that meet weekly and that children attend independently. So far my online searches have only turned up mommy-baby yoga, or the occasional "family yoga workshop" that meets once a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 06:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Though yoga has grown tremendously in Nashville over the past 5 years, yoga for kids may be one of the areas where you have to compromise in moving here from a major metro area like Boston.
Even so, this is the closest thing I could find.
Sanctuary for Yoga | Workshops/Events - Vinyasa Flow Yoga Nashville TN (http://www.sanctuaryforyoga.com/workshops-events/#kids - broken link)
Also, 12South Yoga does not list specific kids classes, they do have a sidebar about it on their webpage. One of their leveled classes may be good for kids.
Class Descriptions - 12South Yoga - South11 Yoga - Nashville Iyengar Yoga Studios
Hope you find something similar to what you're looking for.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 PM

85 posts, read 418,412 times
I think I got an email from someone about yoga for children at Yoga Country in Brentwood. I don't know any specifics though.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 PM

71 posts, read 202,445 times
I used to go to the weekly (Sunday afternoon 2:30) Family Yoga at the Brentwood YMCA with my 7 and 9 year old. A few of the other YMCA locations Yoga "adult" classes I have been to would certainly welcome a serious well-behaved 9 year old to any of the classes.

When you say "real" yoga, I am thinking you mean the kind that doesnt involve acting like a elephant and walking around the room swinging your arms and after you get stickers for your effort.

Welcome to the YMCA of Middle Tennessee | YMCA of Middle Tennessee

Old 01-10-2012, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,232 times
Kids can benefit tremendously from many easy to follow and practice Yoga poses. Yoga has great benefits for growing children and it is a lots of fun. At yoga classes for kids, children learn to stretch, breathe deeply, relax and concentrate and they teach children's yoga for peace, health, literacy and FUN. Yoga develops correct posture, body awareness and self-confidence and helps children to become more calm.

shape up america
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: