Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 AM

815 posts, read 2,018,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Agreed, the spicy hot grease soaked bread is the best part. It is "umami" defined, I believe. 500 Degrees is pretty good too and they serve hot wings. Prince's is still the best, IMO, but its clear that they know it and often could care less about customer service, things like that. I think you have to be a regular to be in their good graces. Still, I love it...I enjoy it...and I'll probably go back this weekend with all this hot chicken talk.
Ummm.. Customer Service??? Think they missed that class at Princes, LOL...Princes used to be the best, the only, but now there is up and comming competition and Princes is not consistant with taste, depending on who is cooking, but that is the same for any of those type resturants. Overall they are all good in their own ways, if the good cook is in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 03:14 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,835,134 times
Let it be noted that my suggestion for mild chicken on a stick at Bolton's was for first timers wanting to try hot chicken.I like my share of spicy grease soaked white bread just as much as the next girl :-) Bolton's spicy fish is sandwiched between two pieces of fresh white bread, topped with mustard, pickles, onion & hot sauce. Mmmmmm.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 PM

I don't think I could get into the "Hot Fish" thing .Im stuck on my original "Nashville Fish" sandwich, white bread, cheese, mustard, pickles, onions, pickles and hot sauce, the best fish sandwiches come from the places that specialize in fish sandwiches or soul food. I always though that Nashville should be know for fish sandwiches as well, lots of Fish joints around town.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:17 AM

297 posts, read 1,078,806 times
Tried Hot Stuff Spicy Chicken and Fish yesterday. Awesome! Got the hot chicken breast and it was perfectly spiced. Antioch, thanks again for posting.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,001 times
i went to the hot stuff chicken place tonight, i walked in, and a lady walked in behind me, the person behind the counter asked the lady if she could help her,,, even though i was there before her, this is very bad customer service, i walked out, and will never go back. they will NOT get a penny from me. Bad choice,,, i went home and cooked my own wings... enjoyed them... will not go back in there.... POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE...

Old 10-18-2010, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,516 times
Our establishment tried Hot Stuff on Friday. I was very impressed. I've never tasted anything like it. It was very well seasoned the whole nine. Please don't mentioned the seasoned soaked bread I could have actually eaten 2 more pieces of that. I haven't tried Princes Chicken but I heard that Hot Stuff maybe the second best to it. All I know is HOT STUFF definitely has my vote. You know it's got to be banging if they have Caucasians craving it.( LOL) GO HOT STUFF!!!!!

Old 10-18-2010, 11:59 AM

I second that having 2 more pieces of bread, LOL. I was just there Friday night. I should just go and order soaked bread, LOL..!!
Hot Stuff also has free wi fi, whic his also great.

Last edited by Antioch; 10-18-2010 at 12:14 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 12:26 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Where is this place again?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:31 PM

It is on Bell right past Blue Hole Rd. Behind Cane Ridge Denist. It is in the same shopping areas as Rudnios Pizza, actually in the building perpendicular to it. Across from the golf coarse. They have a facebook page page you can check out as well.

Hot Stuff spicy chicken and fish | Facebook

Here is the main website
http://www.hotstufftn.com/

Let me put it like this, I was born and raised on Princes, literally, been going there since they were downtown, then they moved to Clarksville PK, in the 80's, then to their current location on Ewing Ln, I know the people and all who own it, so it was hard for me to put Princes down, havn't put them down, but Hot Stuff is much closer to me, much faster, you can actually sit down in a nice environment, and it is just as good as Princes. I like Hot Stuff's mild chicken better than Princes and Princes medium better than Hot stuff's. I like both of the breads equally! Hot Stuff also has fish and other stuff too.

Last edited by Antioch; 10-18-2010 at 12:42 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 02:08 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
That's a long drive for me, but if I'm ever on that side of town I might have to check that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville