U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:24 PM

29,214 posts, read 52,347,041 times

Advertisements

(AP) NASHVILLE, Tenn. - A map charting home addresses of people arrested in Nashville is now available on the Internet, along with detailed criminal history information.

I still like Nashville to move to even with this information.

Revamped Web Site Maps Nashville Arrests - NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM

22 posts, read 75,228 times
How interesting, thanks for posting it. I am amazed, all those arrests in just the last 7 days. Glad I moved out of Davidson county after living there 28 years.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 AM

813 posts, read 1,906,676 times
People are so hilariously hypersensitive about crime on this board. This arrest map shows nothing to be very alarmed about particularly when one realizes that the overwhelming majority of these are minor offenses like driving on suspended licenses, DUIs, minor possession or domestic disputes. Perusing this map also makes it readily apparent that significant, victim crimes are mostly isolated in certain areas.

There are well over 600,000 people in Davidson County so there are going to be significantly more crimes than surrounding counties no matter what. I doubt any arrest map for a comparable city of this size is going to look much different. City life probably isn't for you if a bunch of red dots depicting primarily minor crimes bother you so much.

Last edited by ariesjow; 04-14-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 AM

813 posts, read 1,862,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
People are so hilariously hypersensitive about crime on this board. This arrest map shows nothing to be very alarmed about particularly when one realizes that the overwhelming majority of these are minor offenses like driving on suspended licenses, DUIs, minor possession or domestic disputes. Perusing this map also makes it readily apparent that significant, victim crimes are mostly isolated in certain areas.

There are well over 600,000 people in Davidson County so there are going to be significantly more crimes than surrounding counties no matter what. I doubt any arrest map for a comparable city of this size is going to look much different. City life probably isn't for you if a bunch of red dots depicting primarily minor crimes bother you so much.
Exactally... when I first saw the post I though it was going to be seeing stuff like where murders, robberies, rapes, etc...You look at the map and say OMG! it makes Nashville look like it is the most violent city in the U.S., then you click on the red dots and see stuff like arrested for driving with out a licence, or suspended licence, or domestic assault, or minor, victimless offences...a lot of the offenenders are probally guilty, however a lot of profiling was probally done by the police and areas where profiling doesn't occur as much the offenders go unnoticed or get off on sly so the red dots don't appear in those areas....

Old 04-15-2010, 06:59 AM

115 posts, read 413,753 times
Haha, I saw a good one in Old Hickory...Fishing without a license!

I wish they had the flags color coded based on the severity or type of the crime. Of course, severity would have some subjective quality. But, something like monetary crimes = green, misc misdemeanor = blue, vehicular offenses = yellow, DUI = brown, assault and murder = red, would be helpful in sifting through all of that data.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM

I saw an "obstructing a passageway" offense that's pretty funny too. I couldn't resist reading the arrest affidavit...

"Subject was observed walking down 4th avenue south in the middle of a traffic lane. Subject refused to move to the sidewalk until PD turned on their blue lights. Check of subject’s history showed he was not eligible for a state citation and was transported to booking."

WTF. One can only assume this guy was higher than a kite.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:35 PM

933 posts, read 2,596,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettie#2 View Post
How interesting, thanks for posting it. I am amazed, all those arrests in just the last 7 days. Glad I moved out of Davidson county after living there 28 years.
Ha, and to think I was just thinking that I'm glad I don't live in the sprawlish suburbs encasing Nashville. Cookie cutter housing developments, check. Gas prices rising again, check. Same crop of big box chain restaurants and stores with no local personality, check. Sounds awesome. Spot on ariesjow.

Last edited by yank283; 04-15-2010 at 10:51 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 02:26 AM

369 posts, read 889,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
the overwhelming majority of these are minor offenses like DUIs
strongly disagree with that.

i do think they should have a different color for misdemeanors and felonies.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:21 AM

115 posts, read 413,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakaveli View Post
strongly disagree with that.

Exactly. DUI is hardly a "minor offense." Ask anyone who has had a relative or friend killed by a thoughtless drunk driver.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz83 View Post
Exactly. DUI is hardly a "minor offense." Ask anyone who has had a relative or friend killed by a thoughtless drunk driver.
Then we'd be talking about vehicular manslaughter which is a completely different offense in addition to the DUI the Defendant would receive.

Not to diminish anyone else's pain, but I personally consider a DUI a minor offense but can understand how one might disagree under certain circumstances. Regardless, DUIs aren't generally the violent crimes that strike fear into the masses and would prevent someone from moving into a city and/or neighborhood. They occur everywhere from Bordeaux to Brentwood to Bucksnort and probably without a huge disparity between the frequency per capita. My underlying point is that most of these dots simply aren't crimes that should scare the bejesus out of a rational person...or at least not a rational person who chooses to live in a metropolitan area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>