Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 10:44 AM

11 posts, read 25,121 times

Advertisements

My wife, two children and I were down in Nashville from Tues. (4/13) to Fri. (04/16)...the weather was fantastic and we had a great time. This was the 2nd time in 3 years that we've visited Nashville and I really like the city.
We stayed in the Downtown Hilton...the hotel is very nice and close to a lot of the sites that we were interested in seeing. My children really enjoyed the "Ghost" tour of the city, the zoo, science center, and the Belle Meade plantation.
We ate at Demo's, enjoyed the biscuits, country ham and grits at the Loveless cafe, and danced with the house band at BB King's House of Blues (if you like 70's R&B, this is a great place). We weren't very impressed with the food at McFaddin's (an Irish pub). As always, it's fun to pop into the different bars in the Broadway area and catch some of the country bands.
My Nextar unit, as is the case with every GPS unit, does not edit the quickest route from one place to another in regards to "nice" neighborhoods! However, Nashville is a pretty easy city to navigate and the drivers are much more laid back than in upstate NY.
Looking forward to returning to your city sometime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 AM

210 posts, read 586,792 times
Glad you had a good time Jay! Come back and see us again soon

PS: McFaddens is more of a "Irish Club" in theme (not irish pub) that serves food...not really the place in town to get some good irish eats. Here is a clue to look for, if at any time the place charges a cover, its a club, not a resturant.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:13 PM

14 posts, read 92,726 times
how did you go about planning your itinerary? did you just wing-it, and go unplanned? Any suggestions for a group of 25-30yr old's going on a 3-day bachelor party vacation? Even in resources to use in planning...
Thanks!
-Brian

Old 04-24-2010, 12:07 PM

11 posts, read 25,121 times
Buchey-
The first time we visited Nashville was in the Summer of 2008 and just my wife and I went. We did "wing" that trip, but knew we wanted to stay close to downtown so we could hit the nightlife. We stayed in the downtown Sheraton on that visit (3 star hotel) and it was nice. The Downtoown Hilton is a 4 star hotel and its really close to the bars.
If your group is going bar hopping, I would recommend the big downtown hotels. The area is safe and all of the bars are a close walking distance.
We used the travel sites, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc. to book our flight, make hotel reservations, and rent a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville