Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 AM

2 posts, read 5,142 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

My husband was just hired at Vol State and he starts work July2nd. Now we're sure we'll not be able to find housing there that fast, but are thinking maybe he can move to the area and we can move in early August before school starts for my 7 year old?

Hopefully.

Anyway, I really need help with suggestions on schools in the area, and just, honestly anything you can give me. We are currently living in Cookeville, and I actually work for a company in Nashville (I telecommute daily) and while we're looking forward to shopping at stores that aren't walmart we really don't want to give up a bit of the peace and quiet we found in this little town two years ago!

So, gimme anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2007, 10:08 AM

334 posts, read 1,278,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normadycus View Post
Hello all!

My husband was just hired at Vol State and he starts work July2nd. Now we're sure we'll not be able to find housing there that fast, but are thinking maybe he can move to the area and we can move in early August before school starts for my 7 year old?

Hopefully.

Anyway, I really need help with suggestions on schools in the area, and just, honestly anything you can give me. We are currently living in Cookeville, and I actually work for a company in Nashville (I telecommute daily) and while we're looking forward to shopping at stores that aren't walmart we really don't want to give up a bit of the peace and quiet we found in this little town two years ago!

So, gimme anything.
Sumner County Schools - Schools in Sumner County (http://www.sumnerschools.org/content/view/17/51/ - broken link)

This will tell you about all the Sumner County schools, and there is a map of the schools on the page too. Sumner County is rated as a good school system in the state and you can find information on their rating at the TN.gov site in the education "TN report card"... Gallatin is a large area that was hit hard by a tornado last year (even Vol State was torn up) and so there is still recovery from that process. Also being near the water, there is also alot of information re the Wolf Creek Dam in Kentucky in the air around the Gallatin news. If you search for Wolf Creek Dam online, you will find info on the concerns of the dam failure which would definitely affect the Gallatin area. Although I think the possibility of the failure is small, you may want to take that into account when looking for a permanent home. Gallatin has many VERY nice subdvisions, and is a growing and busy town. Vol State is also a busy community college.

Also you can check out Gallatin Tennessee - News / Business Directory - Gallatin TN - DiscoverGallatin.com and my.tennessean.com: (this brings up page where you choose the Gallatin community) for more information. I'm also sure the city of Gallatin probably has a website. I hope this gives you a starting point.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:12 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,717,372 times
Quote:
Hello all!

Hopefully.

So, gimme anything.
There is a lot of building going on in Hendersonville in the Indian Lake Blvd area. Plus, down the road is a Kohl's store and Target. More to come soon, Hendersonville is not far from Gallatin, and is easier that shopping in Rivergate.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 PM

13,337 posts, read 39,765,772 times
Quote:
We are currently living in Cookeville, and I actually work for a company in Nashville (I telecommute daily) and while we're looking forward to shopping at stores that aren't walmart we really don't want to give up a bit of the peace and quiet we found in this little town two years ago!

So, gimme anything.
I'm just curious, why do you feel you have to shop only at Wal-Mart in Cookeville? The town also has Kohl's, TJ Maxx, KMart, Belk, Old Navy, Goody's, Sears, JCPenney, Peebles, and Sam's Club. Other than Target in Hendersonville and Dillard's at RiverGate, there don't seem to be many places near Gallatin that you can't already find in Cookeville.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM

42 posts, read 163,047 times
Default vol state

Hi:

Sumner County is truly a great place to live. I should know, I live there.

I have three children one in elementry, one in middle and one in H.S. so we pretty much cover all schools. And give them an A+.

if you need any information on this subject, e-mail me @ chdzine@comcast.net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville