Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I only saw the floor plans online and thought it was a great deal of house for the money. Actually I am looking to spend around $175-200K tops with all the options. Not going crazy on the options. Middle of the road ceramic in all the bathrooms and the laundry rooms. No linoleum. No tub surrounds wall tile only. No fireplace. Maybe 15K in options all together. 1/3 to 1/2 acre. 4 BR 2 1/2 bath. Large master. Other BR 11x13 minumum. New home only. Does this animal exist in a decent neighborhood?
I'm sure you can find that, but not at Blackman Farms. Take a look at www.realtracs.com . That may help you narrow down your search. You could also contact a relator in town. A realtor would have MLS access and really be able to assist you. I have one I love in town. If you want her name, just let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:27 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,363 times
I know in Chicago 2-3 years ago, Centex built garbage homes as fast as possible as close to each other on the smallest lots possible. I see they are now owned by Pulte, which overall was a better builder. The only question is did the Centex management go away in Nashville and construction now done the Pulte way? That's probably hard to answer.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:25 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I only saw the floor plans online and thought it was a great deal of house for the money. Actually I am looking to spend around $175-200K tops with all the options. Not going crazy on the options. Middle of the road ceramic in all the bathrooms and the laundry rooms. No linoleum. No tub surrounds wall tile only. No fireplace. Maybe 15K in options all together. 1/3 to 1/2 acre. 4 BR 2 1/2 bath. Large master. Other BR 11x13 minumum. New home only. Does this animal exist in a decent neighborhood?
I bet you can get that at Blackman Farms. That sounds very much like a Centex type of deal. But no ceramic at the lower price points...linoleum only. The other knock on Centex is that they are unwilling to budge on their options. At the lower price points you get only a certain amount of options. You want flat (non textured ceilings)? Tough. You want hardwood throughout? Tough. You want custom paint? Tough. You have to move up to the next price point for those options or do it yourself.

All in all, I think Centex is fine for what they are. You won't have a lot of individuality on the exterior of the homes, but you won't find more sq footage for the price on a new home. If you have more specific questions, feel free to direct message me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR
The only question is did the Centex management go away in Nashville and construction now done the Pulte way? That's probably hard to answer.
It's still the same Centex folks that are doing everything from what I can tell in our neighborhood. Sales, construction, everything.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,627,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I bet you can get that at Blackman Farms. That sounds very much like a Centex type of deal. But no ceramic at the lower price points...linoleum only. The other knock on Centex is that they are unwilling to budge on their options. At the lower price points you get only a certain amount of options. You want flat (non textured ceilings)? Tough. You want hardwood throughout? Tough. You want custom paint? Tough. You have to move up to the next price point for those options or do it yourself.

All in all, I think Centex is fine for what they are. You won't have a lot of individuality on the exterior of the homes, but you won't find more sq footage for the price on a new home. If you have more specific questions, feel free to direct message me.

It's still the same Centex folks that are doing everything from what I can tell in our neighborhood. Sales, construction, everything.
Can't get close to a 1/3 or 1/4 acre at Blackman Farms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville