Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 PM

213 posts, read 769,930 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how the traffic is on Hillsboro/431 going north from Brentwood to 440 at 4:30/5pm? Looking at it as alternative from 65N (ultimate destination 24W).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 06:58 PM

20 posts, read 21,342 times
Why not just stick to 65? Much quicker! Waste of time unless you are just doing it for scenic reasons!

Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 PM

Well if it's quicker, that's fine. I sat in a ton of traffic one day on 65 around 5pm so I was thinking perhaps another road would not be backed up the way 65 seems to be, unless I just hit it on an unusual day, but seems like you just crawl past Nashville, I think it took about 30 min to move a couple of miles. I'll give it another try.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:02 PM

20 posts, read 21,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhnd View Post
Well if it's quicker, that's fine. I sat in a ton of traffic one day on 65 around 5pm so I was thinking perhaps another road would not be backed up the way 65 seems to be, unless I just hit it on an unusual day, but seems like you just crawl past Nashville, I think it took about 30 min to move a couple of miles. I'll give it another try.
What part of town are you specifically trying to get to off 24? I am not sure where you are headed on 440. You can go 440-W to get to 24-W on the North Side of the city and you can head 440-E to I-24 W to get to the East Side of the city. Where are you headed? What nearest intersection, neighborhood or other town are you trying to ultimately get to?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:57 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,363 times
Hillsboro Rd. south of 440 to the mall is a mess both directions at that time of day. Then once you get on 440 Eastbound to 65 it's a parking lot followed by the normal downtown loop parking lot. Enjoy!

You could take 440 west to 40w to Briley North to 24W. It's more miles, but once you get on 440 you'd have no traffic.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,363 times
One other thing...I think the traffic these last couple weeks is significantly heavier than normal because of all the flood relief workers from out town on the roads. Then there are the parents whose kids are not in school in some counties, and now they have to leave work early to go get Billy and Suzie.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Yeah, I'm getting the impression that traffic is pretty bad around here, not unusual for around a city, of course, and I guess because there are so many highway intersections/lane changes, it makes it worse. I've seen it backed up even at 2:30pm - which makes me wonder what time rush hour starts

I'm finally getting some job interviews so just trying to get to/from them and also see about any alternative routes should I get a job in these areas.

Ultimately, I am trying to get to 24W to Pleasant View exit. Once I get through everything else and headed towards 24W, the traffic is nil, but it really does seem to be a parking lot once you get close to the Nashville exits.

That's a good point about the flood aftermath, perhaps it has been a little worse due to that - the one day I sat for awhile, it was only a few days after the flooding.

Yes, I've thought of Briley Pkwy, it would get me out of some of the mess, I believe, though of course a trade-off w/ extra mileage/gas, but may be worth a try. I'll be leaving an interview at 4:30-5 today so maybe I'll see how it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville