Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 AM

42 posts, read 123,484 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
We're looking at buying in the Brentwood or Franklin area. My husband will be driving to the southern part of Nashville for work, so I'd like to buy a home near a good route into that area.
Can you tell me which route you'd take to have the quickest trip during rush hour? We live in California now and the traffic is sooooo crazy here. I'd like to avoid it as much as possible in TN. Which routes are the worst?
Thanks SO much. This board is so helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:55 AM

94 posts, read 69,661 times
You really can't avoid it if you're commuting from Brentwood to Nashville. 65 is going to be your best bet and there is going to be traffic.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:21 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Depends on where you live/work. My husband takes our children to school and from their school his best commute from Brentwood to the airport area goes up Edmondson Pike.
If you could could give us more info, we might be able to help you find a non-65 route that would be faster.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 AM

627 posts, read 1,846,177 times
We need to know what hours he will be working, how much house you can afford (Either own or renting) , whether schools are important to you, etc. to give you an idea on where you should look.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:44 PM

42 posts, read 123,484 times
We haven't chosen an area or a home yet. I'm trying to find out which route we want to be next to for the easiest commute but I don't know the area.
We're looking at Franklin and Brentwood. I know the Concord is a serious one to avoid. Are there others as bad as that?

Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 7,333 times
It really just depends on where the actual neighborhood is. But for the most part the interstate is going to be the fastest. I've driven from the south part of nashville into nashville for 3 years and the stretch from Brentwood to south nashville is rarely slow, meaning you can go 80mph with no problems on the way to work. Seeing as Brentwood is only about 15 miles from the edge of nashville you can be in that vicinity in under 12 minutes. You can only go about 50 mph on the back roads so the math is simple all things being equal. And I can only count on one hand the amount of times I've had major slow-down traffic on the way into Nashville. However, the 440/24 split will complicate things... it just depends on where he's heading.

It also depends on where in Nashville he'll be working. More specifics will help.

I drive 38 miles from south of Brentwood to East Nashville and it takes 40 minutes on average - driveway to parking lot.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:23 PM

627 posts, read 1,846,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big TR View Post
We need to know what hours he will be working, how much house you can afford (Either own or renting) , whether schools are important to you, etc. to give you an idea on where you should look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville